Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surfing to Manchester.

Hi all,

I am going to be on the road to the FA cup match in Manchester on Sunday. Anyone recomend an area to park near the ground??

If a dark red 92 SSRX 2.4 with Sunderland flags on the rear window is flashing you it's only me.

Phil.

I don't want to diminish any popularity I may have built up on this forum, but I'll admit to being a MUFC supporter. I don't know what area of the ground you've been allocated to but I tend to park in the Trafford area, and I'd avoid the Salford Quays area with heavy traffic. This gives good access to the North and East stands.

If you decide on Trafford, you continue the M62 into the M602, turning off at the first junction signposted for Trafford (right turn). Old Trafford is signposted all the way. There are a number of roundabouts which seem to alternate left/right, andd there are plenty of car parks that charge a couple of quid for the game within 10/15 mins walk.

If you're a cheapskate like me and want free parking, look up the Trafford Arms Hotel (or is it Trafford Park Hotel, never get it right!), and providing you get there early enough, there's plenty of free spaces in the area behind and to the side.

If you need more detail than this, drop me an email/pm and I''ll see what I can sort.

Hope this helps, 'cause if we manage to beat the Arsenal, and you get through, we're arch enemies!
    Everything's easy, when you know how!

Comment

Originally posted by Phil H
      Hi all,

I am going to be on the road to the FA cup match in Manchester on Sunday. Anyone recomend an area to park near the ground??

If a dark red 92 SSRX 2.4 with Sunderland flags on the rear window is flashing you it's only me.

Phil.
      Hi Phil, depends what instructions the Sunderland fans have been given, ie, route of approach, and which stand are you in? Let me know your route plan, and I'll try and recomend somewhere. You don't want to be parked with all the Millwall fans!! Is a pub required?
      Pete

Comment

PHIL
        you can park the surf at mine & catch the metro to old trafford if you like
        (\__/)
        (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
        (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by phorbiuz
          I don't want to diminish any popularity I may have built up on this forum, but I'll admit to being a MUFC supporter. I don't know what area of the ground you've been allocated to but I tend to park in the Trafford area, and I'd avoid the Salford Quays area with heavy traffic. This gives good access to the North and East stands.

If you decide on Trafford, you continue the M62 into the M602, turning off at the first junction signposted for Trafford (right turn). Old Trafford is signposted all the way. There are a number of roundabouts which seem to alternate left/right, andd there are plenty of car parks that charge a couple of quid for the game within 10/15 mins walk.

If you're a cheapskate like me and want free parking, look up the Trafford Arms Hotel (or is it Trafford Park Hotel, never get it right!), and providing you get there early enough, there's plenty of free spaces in the area behind and to the side.

If you need more detail than this, drop me an email/pm and I''ll see what I can sort.

Hope this helps, 'cause if we manage to beat the Arsenal, and you get through, we're arch enemies!
          Thanks for all the info folks, I will give my M8 a ring and see what instructions came with the tickets.(they went to his address) All I know is it cost me £55. When I know more I will fish for a little more help.

As for being a MUFC fan, I can live with that because you live there. Last time I worked at the airport there was a home match and I couldn't get a hotel!!! When I did it was full of irish and London MUFC supporters... Thanks for the kind offer of the parking outside the house but we are hoping for a quick getaway after the match to try and avoid some of the other 31,500 Black cats supporters hitting the M62.

Thanks again and I will post again when I know more.

Phil.

Comment

i used to go out with a bird in Urmston... park across her driveway!... only a 10 minute walk from there!
            nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by phorbiuz
              I don't want to diminish any popularity I may have built up on this forum, but I'll admit to being a MUFC supporter.
              Damn! I knew you couldn't be trusted!!!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Can't you just watch it on tele and not worry about the parking???
                Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Linda
                  NO!!! Not now I have managed to get a ticket. (they are like hens teeth.)

Phil.

Have you ever been to a football match Linda?

Comment

Have you ever been to a football match Linda?
                    Nope - I don't really see the point in football really... they always seem to be standing around moaning because someone tripped them up????

Rugby is much more exciting!!
                    Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

It doesn't work, you have your misses sitting there going "the ball is the wrong shape" or "he just fell over for no reason" or "nah, I prefer rugby" or "Why did he kick it over the bar" or "Whats offside" etc, etc............

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                        It doesn't work, you have your misses sitting there going "the ball is the wrong shape" or "he just fell over for no reason" or "nah, I prefer rugby" or "Why did he kick it over the bar" or "Whats offside" etc, etc............

Now can you al see why I installed Tv and beer in the garage?????
                        Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Now can you al see why I installed Tv and beer in the garage?????
                          Funny you should mention that. I am having a garage built on the side of the house this year and I already have the beer fridge and spare output available on the sky TV dist. system. I have even pronised the wife a new TV so the old one can go in there.

Phil.

Comment

Funny you should mention that. I am having a garage built on the side of the house this year and I already have the beer fridge and spare output available on the sky TV dist. system. I have even pronised the wife a new TV so the old one can go in there.

Phil.
                            oh no!... iwas was going to post a pic of my "beer area" in the garage... and my fridge has gone missing!!... it was really good too, had "BEER" written on the front!.... hmmm.... i'll have to remember where i put it now!

and, PHIL H
                            did you get to the reading game the other week?... my dad went and sat in the reqading end with a mate... some gobS**te going on at ref... sunderland are sh**... so the old man turned round and told him he didn't know F all about football and shut up!!... dude! i wouldn't do that! he's 62... daring huh!!
                            but they're like that around here... apparently Reading "wuz robbed" !! ######s!
                            Last edited by dabigman; 31 March 2004, 16:39.
                            nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

my mum has got it wal 4 the christening remember!

Comment

Working...
                              X