Idiot of the year award goes to me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idiot of the year award goes to me

Yep I was on auto pilot been riding my bike all week till I juimped into the truck.

I was a bit off colour and had just come from the docs so I needed motion lotion as the orange light had come on.

Put in £60s of juice got a mile down road and stopped.

Changed the fuel filter co's I had a spare in the back. On doing so smelt Petrol

What was i thinking not a lot but called RAC who assisted me to drain the tank ( off road).

As I was bleeding the injector I sparked the heater bar and blew the fuse.
    The 80 amp one can anyone out of pitty laughter or whatever please send me a spare fuse. The thing will chug over till the batteries are flat before starting. I need to get the glow plugs going.

Please help I will send you the cost of fuse and postage.

£60 to refill tank with petrol, £60 for the guy to decant and another £60 to refill. trip to Fort William cost me a small fortune.

Ok ye can stop laughing now to make matters worse I could have gone to Drumclog and back with change left over for that price.

Any help on a fuse greatly received.

Cheers JB
    Last edited by Highlander1; 28 April 2008, 16:03.
    www.brydenenterprises.co.uk www.kirstyskids.org

I managed to pick one up from a local motorspares shop for about £3. Be quicker than post.
    My other cars a QUAD
    (sv1000spilot on surf forums)
    http://www.devonandcornwall4x4response.co.uk/index

Comment

Bugger !
      If it can be broken it can be fixed

Comment

Originally posted by sv1000spilot View Post
        I managed to pick one up from a local motorspares shop for about £3. Be quicker than post.
        My local spares shop is 3 and 1/2 hours drive away then I have to find it and drive home.

trying to buy something from a shop over the phone is a nightmare which also requires postage. I thought I might have more luck here.

Cheers JB

Comment

Will see if they have any more in stock tommorow. Milners & Rough Tracks also sell them.
          My other cars a QUAD

Comment

Originally posted by sv1000spilot View Post
            Will see if they have any more in stock tommorow. Milners & Rough Tracks also sell them.
            Cheers for that I didn't think of rough tracks I will give them a ring now.

At least they shouldn't have any probs with a part number.

Ta JB

Comment

Hey Sv having been on the bike all week filling it up with petrol last fill cost me £20s !!!

£20s who would have thought that it would ever have got this bad.

Unfortunatley the truck is going to be traded in I can no longer afford to run it. I will accept the going rate from a dealer whatever it is.

I am trying to decide on either a KIA sportage, Nissan xtrail, or Mitsibushi outlander. I had a go at the Honda CRV thing but it was too noisy for my liking.

With what I will be saving on fuel I will be able to take out a 3 year finance for a 3 year old SUV with less than 15k on the clock.

I wonder if they do imports on any of them.

When the surf goes I will still keep my membership up for the craic on here.

4x4 day's will soon be history for me.

I think the bubble has well and truly burst.

Cheers JB

Comment

Just a quick word about the milners 80amp fuses.When Tobyjug came down last week with my engine we changed his glowplug fuse for one from Milners and lo and behold it wouldn't fit.The holes in the legs of the fuse were inthe wrong place and we couldn't get the small bolt back in so it was lucky i had another spare from the breaker to put in.
                Just be aware when buying these fuses from Milners especially if your needing the truck urgently
                https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

I know what you mean. The SV is now £16+ to fill up, that gets me about 110 miles

The surf is now becoming more of a toy that goes out w/e only or to do the dump runs etc. The CRV & SV are the main transports.

Getting tempted to sell the SV as well and buy something smaller, but prob won't in the end as I like it too much, maybe get something smaller for daily transport and keep the SV for summer use.
                  My other cars a QUAD

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
                    Just a quick word about the milners 80amp fuses.When Tobyjug came down last week with my engine we changed his glowplug fuse for one from Milners and lo and behold it wouldn't fit.The holes in the legs of the fuse were inthe wrong place and we couldn't get the small bolt back in so it was lucky i had another spare from the breaker to put in.
                    Just be aware when buying these fuses from Milners especially if your needing the truck urgently
                    u beat me to it Rich..
                    lol
                    But I just thought u cud always cut out the hole a little..

so I got one here.. let me know if u cant find one and we'll sort something
                    Last edited by TobyJug; 28 April 2008, 18:05.
                    One day at the time I guess..

Comment

Hi guys I called rough tracks before your replies and ordered 2 so hope they fit.

I will let you know when they arrive that's why I wanted to source one on the site in the first place. Will keep you posted if they fit.

Cheers for all the help I will let you know when I trade the old girl in should be in the next 6 weeks.

I don't know what's going to be best for towing out of the 3 2ltr SUV's I have in mind. I have tested them all but none had tow bars fitted at the show rooms to try out with my trailer.

Cheers JB

Comment

Ouch, one expensive mistake, your request for IOTY nomination is duly logged

Trev
                        Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev View Post
                          Ouch, one expensive mistake, your request for IOTY nomination is duly logged

Trev

Yes Trev one of those times when you put the wife on the front step instead of the cat

or put the coffee in the fridge.

welding a do da in the garage and picking it up with the bare hands two seconds later forgetting it's ###### hot.

I need a holiday somewhere warm and dry.

Comment

Originally posted by Highlander1 View Post
                            Yes Trev one of those times when you put the wife on the front step instead of the cat

or put the coffee in the fridge.

welding a do da in the garage and picking it up with the bare hands two seconds later forgetting it's ###### hot.

I need a holiday somewhere warm and dry.
                            Well here's a mistake to make yours seem cheap - what's Chinese for whoops ? or should that be fluck it ?
                            Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

It's a shame it was flagged up maybe no one would have noticed.

Comment

Working...
                              X