Salesmans B.S. or what ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salesmans B.S. or what ????

Hi all wonder if some body can clear up this Newbie/Wannabe Surfer's confusion. I am looking hard for a surf 3rd gen pref an ssrg with an intercooler. I have seen quite a few on ebay but only a few with the intercooler these defo go for more money no question some of these have been 96 models. To cut it short stopped by an importers showroom haha the other day to be told by the sales person that toyota did not fit intercoolers to the surf until 98 and thats why the ssrg with intercooler a 98 model was £9495. So are these earlier ones after market or is the sales guy B.S.ing me I know that after market is an option so how do I tell which is which I know it's along question but would appreciate the HELPPPP!!!
    markldoo

Intercooler

Hi I Bought Last Year A 96 Ssrg With Intercooler
    (standard) With 52.000miles F0r £6100
    Took Me About 4 Months To Find A Decent One !
    It Had Just Been Imported From Japan And Loads
    Of People Wanted It ! I Suppose I Was Quite Lucky
    To Get It Really . Keep Trying And You Will Find A
    Good One Eventually !!!
    MINES A LARGE ONE !!!

Comment

think he was pulling your plumbs mate.... and that is a lot of money for a surf, check out ebay there are some on there with intercoolers and a lot cheaper than you have been quoted
      SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Don't come back with a look what I bought for 9k post.
        It's 3k over priced.

Has the salesman seen the price of Derv of late
        Brian

Comment

he's pullin ya pud mate like yoshie said its over priced

try on here
          http://www.autotrader.co.uk/

i dont know what surf are for sale on here mate you will have to look
          dont pay over the odds for a surf there are plenty out there just what your after
          better off with a bargin than getting ripped off
          am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

the way i understand it the intercooler was a factory option from 96-98 and standard across the range from 98 onwards, so he was almost right with a hint of sales b.s. thrown in for good measure....

.... or probably he was just ignorant.
            =========
            =SOLD UP!=
            =========

Comment

cheers

Thanks for all the very quick replies I thought I was gettin Bulled, and told him so but after I thought wouldn't do any harm to check here its a great site and I will be watching and postin as I go and yeh I know it was well over priced as is all of his stock but couldn't resist havin a look thanks again
              markldoo

Comment

Working...
              X