What I Hate About Going On Holiday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What I Hate About Going On Holiday

Bit of a slow night so thought I'd set this one away. I'm off on holiday shortly and although I love my hollys there are some niggly things that really pee me off. Apart from the normal gripes I have these two.

1. Why is it, that when you go for an afternoon kip the person in the room above you always seems to walk about wearing high heels or shoes with segs in them, clip clopping around like a donkey?

2. As above, more or less, but this time it's the chair dragger. There's only one bluddy chair in the room why have they got to drag it around with them?

Anyone else like to offer none standard holiday gripes?

(This is only a bit of light diversity by the way!)
    Last edited by Scorpion; 24 April 2008, 20:33.
    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Queue jumpers at the airport ?

The endless transfer to the hotel ?
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Just remembered something I was told today, evidently Ryanair (Ryan Air?), charge you £6 each way if you take a suitcase and £3 each way to check it in! That's on top of your normal flight charge.

Surely that can't be true?
      'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

What's a holiday?
        Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Originally posted by plumb bob View Post
          What's a holiday?
          im with you ,i'm self employed hav'nt had a proper holiday in 25 years

Comment

Originally posted by soramad View Post
            im with you ,i'm self employed hav'nt had a proper holiday in 25 years
            Holiday.....Holiday....MMMmmmm Holiday?....

Ahh

Holiday

–noun 1. a day fixed by law or custom on which ordinary business is suspended in commemoration of some event or in honor of some person.
            2. any day of exemption from work (distinguished from working day).
            3. a time or period of exemption from any requirement, duty, assessment, etc.: New businesses may be granted a one-year tax holiday.
            4. a religious feast day; holy day, esp. any of several usually commemorative holy days observed in Judaism.
            5. Sometimes, holidays. Chiefly British. a period of cessation from work or one of recreation; vacation.
            6. an unintentional gap left on a plated, coated, or painted surface.
            –adjective 7. of or pertaining to a festival; festive; joyous: a holiday mood.
            8. suitable for a holiday: holiday attire.
            –verb (used without object) 9. Chiefly British. to vacation: to holiday at the seaside.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Origin: bef. 950; ME; OE hāligdæg. See holy, day]

I thought the it sounded familiar
            Nope I have not had a holiday in years, All i seem to do is work
            If it can be broken it can be fixed

Comment

The whole reason for being self employed is to have control of one's own working life.

But, if your business is performing so badly that you can't get off on holiday, maybe it's time to re-assess?

I've been self employed as well as an employee, at the moment I'm both!

When I left my last 100% self employment it was because I had next to no 'me' time. Now I'm working for someone else I only work 14 days out of 35 (which leaves me lots of time for my SE things), I get plenty extra days off, 4 or 5 foreign holidays a year and if my employer hits a slack period; I still get paid.

I understand the lure of controlling one's destiny by self employment, and if I get to the stage that I can get the same or more from self employment as I do currently, I'll leave! But I will not compromise my current standard of living just to be able to say I work for myself.

So, the things I hate most about going on holiday are the whinging self employed folk who say they can't really afford the time off.
              Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

I used to hate waiting in airports, crappy hotels, hotels full of chavs and all the other holiday nightmares - then Jackie had triplets and package/hotel type holidays became uneconomic so we got a ......

Caravan !

I won't try and convert any of you cos there's far too many people coming into caravanning as it is and it's getting harder to get onto some sites when you want to

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

I hate when the holiday ends and I have to go back to work.
                  Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Working...
                  X