Well Hi There Everybody.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome to the nuthouse.....Beware the squirrel
    Mpg is a touchy subject on here as you can see .......good job you didn't start a thread about colour
    ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

my burgundy 2.4 does 0-60 mph in 4.2 seconds,and goes onto 178mph flat out,and it achieves over 55 mpg.........

honest
      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Don't feed the Trolls
        Brian

Comment

ok,ok

it does about 22 mpg up to 30 on a motorway cruise,and its soooooooo
          purple it makes your eyes itch
          Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

22mpg equates to about 42 miles from a tenner at 117ppl, that'd be pretty normal for a 2.4
            =========
            =SOLD UP!=
            =========

Comment

Originally posted by Lozninja View Post
              NEWBOY ON THE BLOCK WITH HIS FIRST POST.
              Well i hope you guys can all help me . brought myself a hilux surf 2.4 turbo dielsel auto 1993 machine the other day . So Cheap i couldnt say no !!.
              Its the first 4 wheel drive toyota ive owned. Ive previously owned and off roaded landrovers , suzuki jeeps , etc etc. Dirtbikes and basically anything that will go off road !!! Greenlaing & seriouse off roading .
              Now comfort wise its very good ( armchair ) and being autos they can only do what they can do but the real problem is fuel . It seems to drink it . Ive obvieusly checked for fuel leaks air filter and injector cleaner etc etc . But it still mega thirsty. My Driving Colleague has a standard ( Well Sought Of ) landrover 2.5 tdi Discovery on the same sought of age and he nearly doubles mine on Fuel Usage . I maybe 20 - 25 Mpg at a real push trying as hard as posible not to use the turbo light but thats not possible some times.
              So please help a virgin with his new toy otherwise it will have to sell !! And another Landrover it shall be !!! ????
              Many thanks .
              hi there im only down the road and tbh u will find the surf roughly the same as disco on fuel,if u think yours is bad,it doesnt hurt to give it a good service?

Comment

Thanks

Ok guy thanks very much.
                Its nice to hear hear it from regular users that what mine is doing is standard .

Comment

That doesn't mean you'll be leaving and going back to the 'Green Woeful' does it?
                  Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will stick with this for a little while see how i get on with it .
                    I dont really do any more hardcore offf roading etc any more and most of my stuff is quite local anyway .
                    Ive got MOT On munday so will see how we get on, Ive just put a Whole new exaust pipe on from Milners . Bargain Price Really.
                    And Besides Its nice and comfortable to drive ( BLURGH AUTO ) but i just have to tie my left foot up behind my ear .
                    So WHEEL See How We Get On For A Little While.

Comment

its a pity you didnt get it before winter last year,you could have enjoyed furnace type heating as well !!
                      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

You will soon lose the auto issue you seem to have as well.
                        Hit the muddy stuff and the auto makes you an off road God

No daft clutch to depress and lose all forward momentum.
                        Brian

Comment

Yeah, rather than burnt left ankle, frozen right ankle, bruised right elbow. Or as I call it 'defender syndrome.

Odd comment regarding 'hardcore offroading'. I guess the Surf has limitations regarding front articulation, but at least when you've got through the gnarly stuff, all the bits will be still attached to the Surf, whereas you might get through the gnarly stuff a bit easier in a Defender, but then you have to walk back through to pick up all the bits that fell off
                          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                            Yeah, rather than burnt left ankle, frozen right ankle, bruised right elbow. Or as I call it 'defender syndrome.

Odd comment regarding 'hardcore offroading'. I guess the Surf has limitations regarding front articulation, but at least when you've got through the gnarly stuff, all the bits will be still attached to the Surf, whereas you might get through the gnarly stuff a bit easier in a Defender, but then you have to walk back through to pick up all the bits that fell off

Ohhhh - that explains why all new Defenders are being sold with waders!!!
                            Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Yeh, cause Surfs never break eh?
                              Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
                                Yeh, cause Surfs never break eh?
                                Never had to Walk home yet !!!!!

There's always a Payback .... Ya just never see it Comin !!!!
                                Buncefield Burner

Comment

Working...
                                X