Under Sealant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Under Sealant

Whilst under the surf today i thought about using sealant all under the chassis etc like popeye red color but i'm thinking black myself.
    I have been trying to think of the name of the stuff i used years ago on a nissan 200sx but for the life of me cant remember the name but it was in a 5ltr paint tin so any ideas?

waxoyl?
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man View Post
      waxoyl?

Nah it's like thick black goo that you paint under the chassis and all underneath the whole under body to pre long life, was gonna waxoyl it after i put a sealant on it

Comment

underseal
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
          underseal

Erm not sure but it stunk like hell

Is there an actual brand white tin black writing on it

Comment

tetroseal?
            nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man View Post
              tetroseal?
              thats the one i got but couldn't think of the name so just put the first thing that came into my head
              https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

we use it on the buses, water it down a bit with turps and get 2 coats done.
                Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

schultz ??
                  Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                    schultz ??
                    Yes, ya called mein heir !!!!

There's always a Payback .... ya just never see it Comin !!!!
                    Buncefield Burner

Comment

I spray'd ordinary red oxide all over everything first then a mixture of chassi paint's next, it was from the coachbuilders and larger part was the colour you see tho there was some aluminium coating in it, they used to have a firm come in and underseal our busses, it was a thick brown rubberised goo,

your best bet a job lot of black hammerite
                      Attached Files
                      Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

3M do the best metal coting for underbody protection you can buy, but it's pricey, around £10 a bag retail, you need to spray it on and you need the right gun, but it is SOLID!

guys on this forum liked it, pics in link.

3M 08880 if you can find it.

http://www.passionford.com/forum/sho...67#post3226967
                        Alan

Comment

It's on this page http://www.consumablesexpress.co.uk/...g/Sealers.html

it's 2 part with hardener and paintable in 30 mins.
                          Alan

Comment

What about POR-15, all the VW bus boys rave about it. Its quite expensive though I think.
                            I use Rustoleum at work straight on un-prep'd steel, it looks and feels like powder coating and is rock hard. Comes in all the RAL colours too.
                            Ebay search item 230357761354 !

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny77 View Post
                              What about POR-15, all the VW bus boys rave about it. Its quite expensive though I think.
                              I use Rustoleum at work straight on un-prep'd steel, it looks and feels like powder coating and is rock hard. Comes in all the RAL colours too.
                              Rustoleum will be better cause it's free! from work.

you could even send me some at a special price......
                              Alan

Comment

Working...
                              X