Got one.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got one.....

Thanks to you lot I've finally found and bought my new toy, a 1995 (M) 3.0L SSRX. Only had it 2 days but so far I think its great. According to my good mate Joymic (a member here), it is too clean and tidy at the moment but hopefully all that will change soon....will post some pics when I get chance to take some during the next few days.

The only fault I have found so far with my new bus is an annoying metalic rattle coming from underneath when I drive over cobbles or rough tarmac (pot-holes). To be fare to the seller, he did point this out to me as being the only fault he knew of at the time. He thought it could be something to do with the exhaust but it sounds more like a bush to me. I've taken a look underneath for anything obvious but can't see anything loose and don't seem to be able to recreate the same noise by shaking everything under there.

Are there any tame and experienced surfers in the Lancashire\Manchester area who would know what to look for and would also be prepared to take a look for me please? I am obviously not expecting this to be done for free, just want someone who knows what they are doing.

Thanks in advance

AL
    If at first you don't succeed,
    Destroy all evidence that you even tried.

Welcome mate.
    Make sure it's not something daft like a stone boucing around on a tank or transfer case protection plate
    Brian

Comment

it might be worth looking at the skid plate under the transfer case, that can make some strange noises if it's vibrating against the transfer case
      =========
      =SOLD UP!=
      =========

Comment

Both of my Surfs have exhibited a metallic rattle when driving over very bumpy surfaces. No idea what it is, but it's not been a problem so far.

I know you've only just bought it, but there are a couple of us going for an off-road play on Sunday just outside Rochdale. You're more than welcome to come along too, it'll give you a chance to see what your truck can do.

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=44538
        Paul </Slugsie>
        Immortal.so far!

Comment

Thanks for the invite Slugsie.

I only live a couple of miles from Whitworth quarry but unfortunately I'll be working this sunday.

Not quite sure what time I'll finish at the salt mine and I'll prob be driving a works van, but depending upon what time you are there till, I could always pop over on my way home and buy you guys a brew.
          If at first you don't succeed,
          Destroy all evidence that you even tried.

Comment

Could be bronze bushes.
            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

BUS??????

Check the sensor connection on the panhard rod - mine was loose, just found it, tightened it and now - no irritating noise - apart from the engine.......

Welcome by the way.....
              Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Working...
              X