Viair comp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Viair comp

Anyone had dealings with mattsavage? i was looking at the viair range (america) and found this guy through google here in the UK, thought it might avoid the dredded import duty rip off if i buy from him as opposed to getting it from the states, £179.70 + post from mattsavage and about $180 (inc shipping) but plus whatever import duty they think up from the US,
    just waiting for a reply re post cost,
    http://www.mattsavage.com/acatalog/info_38033.html
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

have you looked at tmax ian , are you gonna use a bottle ??
    Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by joker?? View Post
      have you looked at tmax ian , are you gonna use a bottle ??
      Bottle? do ya mean a tank? yup they do a nice 2 1/2 gall one,

i had a look at the T max ones, i'm going off the duty cycle, these are 100% constant running where as all the Tmax (even the twin cylinder one) are only 33% duty, might be ok but i'm thinking for the extra money they may be worth it,

Comment

mattsavage has a decent reputation amongst the landrover crowd, i had a pair of KCs for a mate off them at a show last year.

I think tbruk and frogs island will provide something similar if not the same and possibly cheaper. The t-max ones i reckon would be worth a look but i've never seen a spec sheet for them. warn also have a range of compressors but they're not on the arbil site for some reason.
        =========
        =SOLD UP!=
        =========

Comment

ian if your looking for a tank and compressor i have a 12v comp and a 2 1/2 gal air reciver here,you can have for £100,its from an ambulance air suspension system.
          www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein View Post
            ian if your looking for a tank and compressor i have a 12v comp and a 2 1/2 gal air reciver here,you can have for £100,its from an ambulance air suspension system.
            I think you have a deal Mark, have you any pic's of it? and i'm guessing it'd be 100% duty as it's from an air sus system, and how do ya want payment, paypal or what?

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
              I think you have a deal Mark, have you any pic's of it? and i'm guessing it'd be 100% duty as it's from an air sus system, and how do ya want payment, paypal or what?
              i havnt got any pics ian.yes it is 99.99% duty cycle.it comes with all the neccesary safety devices,i.e pressure reg,safety blow off valve.etc.i can ask the chaps across the road to get some pics.they have 9/10 ambulances breaking,and because it came from an ambulance its all top grade gear they dont mess around with rubbish.
              www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by nero279 View Post
                mattsavage has a decent reputation amongst the landrover crowd, i had a pair of KCs for a mate off them at a show last year.

I think tbruk and frogs island will provide something similar if not the same and possibly cheaper. The t-max ones i reckon would be worth a look but i've never seen a spec sheet for them. warn also have a range of compressors but they're not on the arbil site for some reason.

Yeah! read some good reports on the viair and warn ones on the landrover sites, some really good instalation on there, in fact i printed off a couple of install's, the Tmax are also good but being only a certain percentage duty i'm wondering if they'd stand up to keeping a tank filled, probably would but to be sure i'd rather go for the 100% duty to be on the safe side, anyway looks like mark's come to my aid

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein View Post
                  i havnt got any pics ian.yes it is 99.99% duty cycle.it comes with all the neccesary safety devices,i.e pressure reg,safety blow off valve.etc.i can ask the chaps across the road to get some pics.they have 9/10 ambulances breaking,and because it came from an ambulance its all top grade gear they dont mess around with rubbish.
                  OK mate i'll have it! if you dont want paypal what i'll have to do is transfer the money back to my bank account and then draw it out and pop over to you, guessing you'd rather have cash!! i'll give you a call or pm when ready to arrange a time to meet up, thanks very much mate, you've saved me a lot of hassle

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
                    Yeah! read some good reports on the viair and warn ones on the landrover sites, some really good instalation on there, in fact i printed off a couple of install's, the Tmax are also good but being only a certain percentage duty i'm wondering if they'd stand up to keeping a tank filled, probably would but to be sure i'd rather go for the 100% duty to be on the safe side, anyway looks like mark's come to my aid
                    fairplay, i thought about suggesting if you could find the specs on a RR air suspension pump, but figured it probably wouldn't be up to it, i'd be interested in an on board air thing, but want to run air tools so would have to deliver 6-8 cfm reliably, reckon the ambulance pump would be up to it? was thinking bout converting the air con pump but can't decide what to do now
                    =========
                    =SOLD UP!=
                    =========

Comment

Originally posted by nero279 View Post
                      fairplay, i thought about suggesting if you could find the specs on a RR air suspension pump, but figured it probably wouldn't be up to it, i'd be interested in an on board air thing, but want to run air tools so would have to deliver 6-8 cfm reliably, reckon the ambulance pump would be up to it? was thinking bout converting the air con pump but can't decide what to do now
                      nero i can see if the guys will break another ambulance if you want.see if i can get them to remove pump and reciever.
                      www.overfab.uk

Comment

could be very interested, just need to make sure it's going to be up to what i want it to do, then sell some stuff to get the funds into paypal, i'll do some research and see if i can find the pump specs.
                        =========
                        =SOLD UP!=
                        =========

Comment

Working...
                        X