Fuel prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
    They made just over £7 Billion between them. Why do you ask? And don't quote pump prices, they're fcuk all to do with the oil companies.
    I 'did the math' somewhere, hold on........

"Shell produce 3,100,000 barrels of oil per day. Thats 282,875,000 per quarter (which is what this profit is for). They have made a profit of £3.9bn which works out at £13.78 per barel. A barrel is 159 litres so on each litre, they make just under 9p. At £1.10 a litre, that represents a margin of just over 8% which is healthy but far from outrageous. There are certainly more lucrative businesses out there.

Their profit has increased because the cost of the oil from the arabs has increased, hence turnover has increased and they've increased consumer prices to maintain their margin. If you want to point the finger, it should probably be at the decline in oil reserves, profiteering by OPEC and, of course, our own taxes."

There you go.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post

"Shell produce 3,100,000 barrels of oil per day. Thats 282,875,000 per quarter (which is what this profit is for). They have made a profit of £3.9bn which works out at £13.78 per barel. A barrel is 159 litres so on each litre, they make just under 9p. At £1.10 a litre, that represents a margin of just over 8% which is healthy but far from outrageous. There are certainly more lucrative businesses out there.

Their profit has increased because the cost of the oil from the arabs has increased, hence turnover has increased and they've increased consumer prices to maintain their margin. If you want to point the finger, it should probably be at the decline in oil reserves, profiteering by OPEC and, of course, our own taxes."

There you go.

top guy very nicely done
      am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

and of course our thieving government that is adding on their exhorbitant tax has nothing to do with it, nor the share that what used to be 72% is now approaching 80%....

Comment

Stop knocking the OIL COMPANIES its the TAXMAN you should have a go at
          Attached Files
          (\__/)
          (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
          (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post

There you go.
            That's assuming 100% of the Barrel is made into pump fuel, which of course it isn't.

The income from pumped fuel is way lower than 8%. There are more lucrative hydrocarbon markets out there, heavy fuel oils and aviation fuels for instance.
            Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Go Biking.

The surf got to expensive for me so I bought a motorcycle and just use the surf when I have to. I make massive savings which paid for the bike in 4 months!! And no parking fee's no conjestion charge, just got to stay alive!

Comment

Originally posted by Bobafet View Post
                The surf got to expensive for me so I bought a motorcycle and just use the surf when I have to. I make massive savings which paid for the bike in 4 months!! And no parking fee's no conjestion charge, just got to stay alive!
                That's the hard part mate. With a bike youi need to drive for everyone else as well. I loved the bike but everyone has a biege metro out there waiting at that junction for them.

Stay safe and enjoy.
                Brian

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
                  That's the hard part mate. With a bike youi need to drive for everyone else as well. I loved the bike but everyone has a biege metro out there waiting at that junction for them.

Stay safe and enjoy.
                  Yoshie, check out www.ride2die.com When commuting everyday Its good to look at this from time to time so you don't get too silly.......which sometimes happens when the zzr1100 is under my right hand!!
                  go careful.

Comment

Originally posted by fatboy33 View Post
                    Apparently, a stockade at Stanlow, might be the most appropriate... but not by 70 or 80 people, perhaps 1000... or more..

calling all surfers
                    just say when i'll be there !
                    Im up for it!

If it was put on Facebook etc and made widely public )thousands of people, it might help lower the duty on it (a Bit)
                    If it can be broken it can be fixed

Comment

Working...
                    X