The south - everywhere else divide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The south - everywhere else divide

The news tonight decided to spend 3 minutes telling the whole country that a few folk on the sout coast can smell european $hite. Well whoop-de-fluckin-doo.

They forgot to mention that unless something is sorted out pretty swiftly, 28% of our gas and 20% of our fuel will vanish on Sunday.

What's the most important to you?
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

i must have been too far north to smell anything!...

it's cos the BBC are in London and don't give a toss about anyone else!...
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

damn right it smells rancid down here - although that may have just been the dog farting
      =========
      =SOLD UP!=
      =========

Comment

if we hadn't ummed and errred on the energy issue for so long we could have had nucleur/neuclear (however the hell its spelt) power and wouldn't have to buy it off the french.

trouble is the word association thing. alot of folk still think of nucleur power as very dangerous because nucleur weapons are. totally different things but most people aren't rocket scientists and the politicians with the propaganda during the cold war screwed us up for this - hence the association that its bad.
        i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

Originally posted by logey79 View Post
          if we hadn't ummed and errred on the energy issue for so long we could have had nucleur/neuclear (however the hell its spelt) power and wouldn't have to buy it off the french.

trouble is the word association thing. alot of folk still think of nucleur power as very dangerous because nucleur weapons are. totally different things but most people aren't rocket scientists and the politicians with the propaganda during the cold war screwed us up for this - hence the association that its bad.
          On the back of this, how many of you (except the Scottish contingent) are aware that Ineos in Grangemouth are going on strike for 2 days next Sunday?

And those who know about it; how long do you reckon the petrol/diesel/domestic gas supplies will be disrupted?

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
            And those who know about it; how long do you reckon the petrol/diesel/domestic gas supplies will be disrupted?
            as long as poss, as somthing needs to be done

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post
              as long as poss, as somthing needs to be done
              100% with you there, will be worse if BP go on strike later this year. Same issues, bigger impact.

Comment

Better start learning to speak French, as they own Centica (B/Gas and a whole lot more) and Southern water, and have you seen the vans with EDF on the side? they used to be the electricity board, now they're Electricite' De France!

This county is fecked, start moving to the south asap.
                Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

the whole 'green' issue political cack was put in motion to stop us protesting at ridiculous fuel costs. i know we as a group/forum weren't impressed and signed online petitions etc, but the general public haven't kicked up too much noise abou the fact that diesel is over 20p dearer than it was in october 2007.
                  the reason is that they get all the dumbies in society (of which there's millions) buying into the 'we need to save our planet' nonsense and that the fuel is running out so now many people would feel guilty to kick up a stink like they did back when we all protested and bought the industry to its knees for a few days back whnever that was about 7 years ago i think.

oh bollix - its not worth worrying about anymore anyway. nothing we do will change anything. we live in the illusion of a democracy. not a true democracy.
                  i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

i went on the fuel demo in park lane... it was unbeliveable that diesel could reach such a huge price!!

it was 63p a litre!!

i think that was 1998/1999... i had an S reg van that was pretty new
                    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

the whole 'green' issue political cack was put in motion to stop us protesting at ridiculous fuel costs. i know we as a group/forum weren't impressed and signed online petitions etc, but the general public haven't kicked up too much noise abou the fact that diesel is over 20p dearer than it was in october 2007.
                      the reason is that they get all the dumbies in society (of which there's millions) buying into the 'we need to save our planet' nonsense and that the fuel is running out so now many people would feel guilty to kick up a stink like they did back when we all protested and bought the industry to its knees for a few days back whnever that was about 7 years ago i think.

oh bollix - its not worth worrying about anymore anyway. nothing we do will change anything. we live in the illusion of a democracy. not a true democracy.

Please see my previous post.

Get the feck out of this country!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      Rob

Comment

The strike isn't about fuel costs. As I've said before, the cost of fuel in the UK is nothing to do with oil companies. Remember, they still make a profit selling fuel for 9ppl in the middle east. If they made more profit here, they'd only sell fuel here.

For those who are interested, if this strike goes ahead, our petrol/diesel supplies will be disrupted for at least 4 weks. Every 2 day strike adds a further 4 weeks to the disruption.

Anyone got any idea why they are striking?

Comment

Actually, I AM a rocket scientist (OK, 'was' a rocket scientist) and I say, bring on the nuke stations. We're basically fooked otherwise (or at the beck and call of the cheese eating surrender-monkeys)
                          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man View Post
                            i must have been too far north to smell anything!...

it's cos the BBC are in London and don't give a toss about anyone else!...
                            When did the BBC give a Toss ???
                            They rob us blind over n over just like the so called soddin leaders .....

There's always a Payback ....Ya just never know what's comin next !!!!
                            Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by plumb bob View Post
                              Better start learning to speak French, as they own Centica (B/Gas and a whole lot more) and Southern water, and have you seen the vans with EDF on the side? they used to be the electricity board, now they're Electricite' De France!

This county is fecked, start moving to the south asap.
                              Yup, they own our water, our gas, and our electricity, ain't much left is there???

What the f**k happened to this country since 1945??????????????????
                              Rob

Comment

Working...
                              X