• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two can play at that game!!

Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Welcome Shell.

I have found this site and the people on it to be a great help and very fun. There is nowhere better for info on surfs.

Congratulations on the surf it looks great
      If it can be broken it can be fixed

Comment

Well Thanx!!!

Cheers for the nice welcome, its much appreciated!
        Some good lookin vehicles there! Dunno bout modding yet, but with a hubby like mine there's a chance he'll be doing summat. Oh joy

Comment

Hi Shell and welcome to the home of insane surfers.Enjoy your stay and you'll learn so much about these trucks in no time.
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

hello and welcome to the forum
            Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer View Post
              Two can play at that game!!

can you give us a shot of how you made up the rock sliders so i can have a go a knocking a up i don't want to weld them to the chaise so sort o bracket will have to make up to stop the rock slider ripping off when sliding it of rocks n trees
              S S R G is the only way to surf

scottish mud club member kerelawsurf

Comment

Those are spindly looking sliders you've got on there Andy!
                Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by shell1965 View Post
                  Hi joined this site to keep up with anything I might need to know because were getting our Surf in the morning, its rigged out by a garage as a recovery vehicle, they've used it to collect there cars for sale, they say its used daily by them and kept on top of meticulously, the lights nwere fitted professionally by the garage owner who's an electrician.
                  Hoping we have good look with its running as were into caravanning, ive got to transport 3 kids and an Akita dog thats stillgrowing.

The Surf's a 2.5 td ssr-g Auto on a K plate, 90000miles, will have to ask if the heads been done, as reading on here it should have been? Payin 2495 rigged out, with a 12 month ticket but 1 months tax, insurance was cheap for thir party fire n theft only 360. Will be visiting this site regularly.
                  welcome to our mad house
                  S S R G is the only way to surf

scottish mud club member kerelawsurf

Comment

Originally posted by jeff.fn02jwa View Post
                    can you give us a shot of how you made up the rock sliders so i can have a go a knocking a up i don't want to weld them to the chaise so sort o bracket will have to make up to stop the rock slider ripping off when sliding it of rocks n trees

Yes mate - this is an old photo, and I have some new ones on now, just haven't had time to get a decent pic - but for the ones you see there, you need a long screwdriver, a wire brush and some paint.

1. Use screwdriver to remove side steps
                    2. Use wire brush to brush dirt/rust/crud off bars that said steps were attached to
                    3. Paint aforementioned bars with Hammerite or protective paint of your choice

or

4. Ask SurfenGodStein at Outragous Offroad to make you up a set that look like Apaches (and mine as they are now)....jackable sliders....hmmmmmmm.....slider s.......

This is a pic of the new ones going on though.....

Comment

Now Boy Wonder has changed the name of his company, damn him, I imagine you want your stickers to say 'outrageous offroad'?

Wont look as good, cos the '4's are ripe to be twice the size of the rest of the typeface with OUTRAGEOUS 4X4

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                        Now Boy Wonder has changed the name of his company, damn him, I imagine you want your stickers to say 'outrageous offroad'?

Wont look as good, cos the '4's are ripe to be twice the size of the rest of the typeface with OUTRAGEOUS 4X4
                        How about Outragous Offroad - Custom 4x4 accessories (or something like that...)

Comment

YOU decide. Just let me know what you'd like.

Comment

Faltie from Up Yonder.

Cheers JB
                            www.brydenenterprises.co.uk www.kirstyskids.org

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                              YOU decide. Just let me know what you'd like.

It's like the Big Brother vote....YOU DECIDE (said in a Geordie accent of course....)

Yeah - I'll have that, and I'll order them, along with some for Nina's truck, I think she wants "Born Free, Taxed to Death" that will go onto the wheel cover....nice!

I'll have to ask about colours and fonts and the like tonight then place our order.

TA!

Comment

Take them ole amber lights off and fit and replace with four big ole Angel eyes prob got most of wiring in place, dont buy ones that rust look into forum.

Welcome Truck looks great.........

Comment

Working...
                                X