• Show
Clear All

• 110 landy

been offered a 110 landy with a new chassis and bulkhead ex militery
    21/4 petrol with gas conversion on a c reg so it looks like the surf will
    be going once i have put the body lift on

nooooo dont do it!!!

Comment

I assume comfort isn't high on your list then...

Comment

I wish you were closer, I get bored having nothing to fix of a weekend another mate with a landy would help.

Just ask Scotty or Stumpy dooffler
        Brian

Comment

the son has a 90 with all the mods but that is the NA diesel and it goes
          anywere the big boys go so it would be easier if we had the same type of trucks and the price of parts are so cheap

Comment

I hope its gonna be a weekend fun toy and not your daily driver. If its a daily driver, I hope you never have to go far. They are truly terrible on the road. Noisy, hard, uncomfortable, no room for your right elbow, stupid heater, wipers fall off, holes appear to freeze / soak random bits of your anatomy in the winter.

I had the misfortune of using them for long journeys where I used to work. I hate them with a passion. Been let down too many times when its been cold, wet, dark, or all three.
            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

You forgot to mention the oil-spewing vehicles are not so environmentally friendly and will ruin your block-paving!
              And the parts are cheap because they break and the demand is HUGE!!!!
              Powered by Toyota!

Comment

On the plus side you'll know when your fluids are low ...

... it'll stop leaking
                =========
                =SOLD UP!=
                =========

Comment

Just driven around the M25 from the A1 to A13 and passed two Landies broken down on the side.

It's an old one but has to be said

85% of all Landies made are still on the road, the other 15% made it home
                  www.puppywalker.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Puppywalker View Post
                    Just driven around the M25 from the A1 to A13 and passed two Landies broken down on the side.

It's an old one but has to be said

85% of all Landies made are still on the road, the other 15% made it home
                    lol

quote for those like me that hadn't heard that one before ! pat on the back ! puppy ! lol

fatboy33
                    " loving my surf "

Comment

Land Rovers are like triggers broom! Yes parts are cheep, but jeepers! you need so many of them

My first LR, 2a 109 safari V8, replaced interier,steering box,props,engine,doors,2 rads, rebuilt compleat front axle.

2nd was a stage1 V8, Replaced springs, props, dizzy,and dampers (only had it for 4 months)

3rd was 200tdi Disco only 2yaers old, so only needed new PAS pump, air con sorting and front prop!

4th 110 defender, replaced engine, props, steering box and damper,master cylinder.

5th Defender 90 300tdi replaced, 2 heads, every part of the engine, apart from the block (that was rebored) Fecking Props!!!!, head lights, seats, re-wiring and the chassis needed replacing so I got rid of it.

The surf same age as the 90...... needs nothing

Mark.......
                      Let taste be the enemy of art!

Comment

Originally posted by MrE View Post
                        Land Rovers are like triggers broom! Yes parts are cheep, but jeepers! you need so many of them

My first LR, 2a 109 safari V8, replaced interier,steering box,props,engine,doors,2 rads, rebuilt compleat front axle.

2nd was a stage1 V8, Replaced springs, props, dizzy,and dampers (only had it for 4 months)

3rd was 200tdi Disco only 2yaers old, so only needed new PAS pump, air con sorting and front prop!

4th 110 defender, replaced engine, props, steering box and damper,master cylinder.

5th Defender 90 300tdi replaced, 2 heads, every part of the engine, apart from the block (that was rebored) Fecking Props!!!!, head lights, seats, re-wiring and the chassis needed replacing so I got rid of it.

The surf same age as the 90...... needs nothing

Mark.......

that sounds about right
                        am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

well just been talking to a mate who has a landy workshop and he has offered me the choice of engines to put in 200td1 or he has a gmc 6.5 v8 diesel with the conversion plate to fit the landy gearbox???????????????

Comment

Sounds wonderful!

Once you've dropped the engine of your choice in, I think your next move needs to be opening an account at Britpart and getting a loyalty card from them - so you know you'll get all the other parts you need in stock, or with short delivery times so you can get back on the road, for another 100 or so bonecrushing miles before the next bit falls off......and this isn't just 4x4 marque wars, it's just that there is a very good reason LR parts are cheap and plentyful - as has already been said - they are hugely unreliable and fall apart, as well as being THE single most uncomfortable vehicle I have ever had the displeasure of driving. We had a 110 at work where I was a few years ago - and people would rather get stuck than drive that to sites......awful, basic plop mobiles!
                            Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Originally posted by spoofer28 View Post
                              well just been talking to a mate who has a landy workshop and he has offered me the choice of engines to put in 200td1 or he has a gmc 6.5 v8 diesel with the conversion plate to fit the landy gearbox???????????????

GMC, Not big power for such a large engine but this means it last a long long time
                              Brian

Comment

Working...
                              X