No announcement yet.

microsoft assholes!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wud u like a legal version off 2003 pro?
    I can send u a disc if u want
    One day at the time I guess..

Comment

Originally posted by Slugsie View Post
      Gotta agree with this. This is in no way MS's fault, it IS the fault of who ever you bought the PC from. It's one thing to have a go at MS when they do things wrong (and they do, just like EVERY other company around), but another to have a go at MS when they're not at fault.
      With hindsight,I was wrong to blame ms,bought the pc from mesh,it was meant to have a 30 day trial of bullguard internet security(actually only got 24 hours before it expired,luckily I ordered norton) and a 60 day trial of ms office student and home 2007(only got 3 days).I am going to purchase the full version as it integrates perfectly with Office Accounting Express (which is a freebie from ms!)Cheers folks
      Powered by ????

Comment

Originally posted by RobD View Post
        With hindsight,I was wrong to blame ms,bought the pc from mesh,it was meant to have a 30 day trial of bullguard internet security(actually only got 24 hours before it expired,luckily I ordered norton) and a 60 day trial of ms office student and home 2007(only got 3 days).I am going to purchase the full version as it integrates perfectly with Office Accounting Express (which is a freebie from ms!)Cheers folks
        That's strange, I thought that MESH had a good reputation.

Anyway, gotta say that I do like Office 2007. I was a bit unsure at first about the 'smart ribbon' thingy, but after a bit of use I find it does work well. If you haven't actually paid up yet, and still want to give the trial version a spin, you can just go and download it here:

http://us1.trymicrosoftoffice.com/default.aspx
        Paul </Slugsie>
        Immortal.so far!

Comment

Originally posted by Slugsie View Post
          That's strange, I thought that MESH had a good reputation.

Anyway, gotta say that I do like Office 2007. I was a bit unsure at first about the 'smart ribbon' thingy, but after a bit of use I find it does work well. If you haven't actually paid up yet, and still want to give the trial version a spin, you can just go and download it here:

http://us1.trymicrosoftoffice.com/default.aspx
          Cheers m8
          Powered by ????

Comment

AVOID VISTA!I have been having probs with ERROR CODE 0x800423F3 when I try to create a restore point or restore the system to an earlier time.It simply wont back up or restore,also had probs with office accounting express,can't back the data base up.Effing useless,definately the last windows machine I will buy!Hopefully sp2 will sort out these bugs when it arrives the sooner the better,back using my old pc for bookwork/accounts(4 years old with XP home).
            Powered by ????

Comment

AVOID VISTA!I have been having probs with ERROR CODE 0x800423F3 when I try to create a restore point or restore the system to an earlier time.It simply wont back up or restore,also had probs with office accounting express,can't back the data base up.Effing useless,definately the last windows machine I will buy!Hopefully sp2 will sort out these bugs when it arrives the sooner the better,back using my old pc for bookwork/accounts(4 years old with XP home).
              That error code appears to be cause by the Volume Shadow Copy service. You can turn it off (most people won't miss it) by doing the following:
              Press Windows Key+R to bring up the run dialog. Type 'Services.msc' (without quotes) and press OK. Confirm the UAC prompt, then th services console will open up. Scroll down the list to 'Volume Shadow Copy', and double click it. Change the startup type to 'Disabled'. Restart your PC. All should now be OK.

I have been running Vista for well over 2 years now (I was a beta tester), and I love it. It annoys me when I have to use XP at work now. Yes, it uses more system resources than XP (but XP used more than 2000, which used more than 98, which used more than 95, seeing a pattern yet?). The reason it does this is because it does so much more. The reason people have problems 90% of the time is due to poor drivers written by hardware vendors and other poorly written software - all outside of MS's control.
              Paul </Slugsie>
              Immortal.so far!

Comment

No its not , vista it self uses less resorces , but then you got DRM (digital rights managment) running in the background all the time slowing it right down. The DRM is there to keep an eye on you .

Comment

...luckily I ordered norton...

Now there's a phrase you won't hear very often...
                  Peter

I am not a number. I am a FREE MAN!

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainBeaky View Post
                    Very true.
                    Paul </Slugsie>
                    Immortal.so far!

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainBeaky View Post
                      Funnily enough I googled ERROR CODE 0x800423F3 and noticed a few links to Symantec message boards.Still can't get system restore to work,it sets a restore point ok automatically but not when I try to set one,it won't have it.I'm more worried about not being able to back up my accounting software database,I'll wait and see what happens when it tries to do this automatically,hopefully it'll work ok.Thanks folks.

PS: The rest of Vista is fantastic!