ADDitional Confusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ADDitional Confusion

OK - I read through this post http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...t=44477&page=2 to see if there was something I'd missed when trying to sort the ADD issue out, so I revisited the underside of my truck just now, disconnected one and tried - same clicking, then disconnected the other and tried again - same clicking, disconnected both - same clicking - so I guess then it's not the transfer sensors - as they have both been disconnected, so can't be sending anything back to the 4WD ECU.....so now I'm really confused!

The relay under the brake pedal just clicks on and off when the 4WD button is pressed on the transfer lever, although L4 works off the shift - but no 4WD light on the dash......

All vacuum pipes have been checked and are fine.....do I need to pull the actuator apart on the front diff now???

Although - when I first tried it just now, I pressed the 4WD button on the transfer lever and there was a clunk from the front.....
    Last edited by MudSurfer; 16 April 2008, 18:10.
    Too old to care, young enough to remember

andy i know you may of already done this but can you not put the whole vehicle on axle stands,put it in 4wd and then spin the front wheels by hand and see if they engage.just a thought.
    www.overfab.uk

Comment

Are you definately getting lo 4 or could it be lo 2? if you're definately getting lo 4 then everything on it's own is working but the sysem as a whole isn't?
      =========
      =SOLD UP!=
      =========

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein View Post
        andy i know you may of already done this but can you not put the whole vehicle on axle stands,put it in 4wd and then spin the front wheels by hand and see if they engage.just a thought.

I don't have the facility to do that - but on Monday it's off to have some pre Wales stuff done, so if the guy can raise it, then we'll have a bash...

Comment

Originally posted by nero279 View Post
          Are you definately getting lo 4 or could it be lo 2? if you're definately getting lo 4 then everything on it's own is working but the sysem as a whole isn't?

Well, we are fairly sure L4 works, got me out of a field and through some mucky stuff on the Wales reccie the other weekend....just can't seem to get H4 - just clicky click from the relay

Comment

i got an idea Andy...

get rid of that one and buy this one i'm putting back on the road...

Sorry mate hope you get it sorted
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
              i got an idea Andy...

get rid of that one and buy this one i'm putting back on the road...

Sorry mate hope you get it sorted

Shirley you are a joker
              ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer View Post
                Well, we are fairly sure L4 works, got me out of a field and through some mucky stuff on the Wales reccie the other weekend....just can't seem to get H4 - just clicky click from the relay
                so if it works in 4l can you not leave it in 4wd and just slot it into 4wh,will it still work.????
                www.overfab.uk

Comment

so if it works in 4l can you not leave it in 4wd and just slot it into 4wh,will it still work.????
                  Clicky on, clicky off.......

Comment

Clicky on, clicky off.......
                    am i being stupid here.leave the 4wd button in and just shift it into 4wh.
                    www.overfab.uk

Comment

am i being stupid here.leave the 4wd button in and just shift it into 4wh.
                      I did - sorry, that was the sound of the relay.....

Comment

I did - sorry, that was the sound of the relay.....
                        so it works ok in 4wl everytime.
                        www.overfab.uk

Comment

so it works ok in 4wl everytime.

I think so - sorry for sounding a bit dim, I haven't really been focused on it for a while, just had another look today when I had 10 mins....

I'll check if there are ramps where it's going on Monday and see if we can play a bit....

Comment

I think so - sorry for sounding a bit dim, I haven't really been focused on it for a while, just had another look today when I had 10 mins....

I'll check if there are ramps where it's going on Monday and see if we can play a bit....

axle stands
                            Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by joker?? View Post
                              axle stands
                              Yeah - those too if he hasn't got flashy ramps...

Comment

Working...
                              X