Going for my first trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going for my first trip

I'm going to France for a week and using the truck to drive everywhere. Apart from the usual drive license, insurance, passport what are the vitals for the Surf.

Its a 3rd gen. Changed all the filters a couple of weeks ago.

one of the other hairdresser will be with you shortly to answer your q's but i would think about taking spare belts,bulbs,fuses etc
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Safety (Hi Viz) vest or jacket, warning triangle, first aid kit, NO BULL BARS!!!!!! - these are illegal in built up areas of France and there are reported cases of the police stopping people and cutting them off their trucks.......

You may need an air compressor too.....just in case.
      Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Originally posted by langtounboy View Post
        I'm going to France for a week and using the truck to drive everywhere. Apart from the usual drive license, insurance, passport what are the vitals for the Surf.

Its a 3rd gen. Changed all the filters a couple of weeks ago.
        Check your breaks n stuff, take a spare fuel filter. are you using Veg?
        SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer View Post
          NO BULL BARS!!!!!!
          Interesting... wonder if the rest of the guys coming to Pyrenees next year know that. I, Boyo and 4Runner dont have them, but I'm pretty sure Plumb Bob has an A-bar.

Langtounboy - nice avatar!
          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Thanks for the advice, can't see me removing my A bar but I'm mostly going rural looking for a place to buy as another little project when I finally retire from the RN.

Wasn't going to bother with the veg oil as diesel is cheaper on the continent but I run a 50/50 mix usually.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
              Interesting... wonder if the rest of the guys coming to Pyrenees next year know that. I, Boyo and 4Runner dont have them, but I'm pretty sure Plumb Bob has an A-bar.
              Yes I have an "A" bar, so I guess I need to check their laws ( although it's only 30 mins work to remove it), and I wanted to get a TJM before the trip
              Last edited by plumb bob; 16 April 2008, 21:53.
              Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

might be worth getting some European breakdown cover for the duration of your trip.
                Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

You will need spare bulb set,hi viz jackets for you and your passengers,first aid kit ,fire ext,headlight converters(the stickon ones),gb badge,and all the relevent paperwork (insurance inc green card,reg docs,plus both parts of your licence, and would recommend european breakdown,
                  There is a pamphlet available in halfords that tells you what you need to go abroad
                  SILENCE........................I ... kill you

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer View Post
                    Safety (Hi Viz) vest or jacket, warning triangle, first aid kit, NO BULL BARS!!!!!! - these are illegal in built up areas of France and there are reported cases of the police stopping people and cutting them off their trucks.......

You may need an air compressor too.....just in case.
                    No bullbars? jeez i took my last truck to france for 4 days and i saw alot of police in the center of paris!!! How lucky was i?
                    Surfin on the tidal waves of mud!

Comment

Originally posted by thecaretaker View Post
                      You will need spare bulb set,hi viz jackets for you and your passengers,first aid kit ,fire ext,headlight converters(the stickon ones),gb badge,and all the relevent paperwork (insurance inc green card,reg docs,plus both parts of your licence, and would recommend european breakdown,
                      There is a pamphlet available in halfords that tells you what you need to go abroad
                      when i asked my insurance company 8 months ago when i went to france they said there was no such thing as the green card anymore i just had to take my cover certificate to show my cover.?
                      Surfin on the tidal waves of mud!

Comment

Working...
                      X