yeah m8 was in the contract

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post
            how much lift is it will?
            most of a head's worth

looks good
            Toot! Toot!

Comment

Cool - whats involved in the 3" suspension lift on the front ?

Cheers,
              Rob.

Comment

Originally posted by wishbone View Post
                Cool - whats involved in the 3" suspension lift on the front ?

Cheers,
                Rob.
                all i know is lc springs on the back with es9000 shocks n es9000 shocks on the front with ball joint spacer thats all i know.
                im not tech minded but i know stein n woodzie have both told me its got about a five in lift now n thats without putting on 33's.
                im sure stein or woodzie will say what it is altogether

Comment

Are you re -gearing the diffs for the 33's ? - I've got a 2.4 and thought it wouldn't do well on 33's ? - I was planning on 31's as the biggest my engine could handle stock.

Rob (hoping there may be a way to get 33's on)

Comment

Are you re -gearing the diffs for the 33's ? - I've got a 2.4 and thought it wouldn't do well on 33's ? - I was planning on 31's as the biggest my engine could handle stock.

i believe no need to regear on 33's i believe you can do on 35's but im not to sure, i know rodleech got 35's on his 2.4 but as for any technical im sorry i cant help you there but im sure the guys on here will tell you

Comment

Ok so I'm guessing 1.5" balljoint spacers with the t-bars cranked up 1.5" to get the lift. Freewheel hubs or diff drop to ease off the cv joints? removed roll bar or dropped the bush brackets 1" to clear the dropped diff ?.

Reason I'm so interested is I'm trying to sort my surf out for ride quality and want to know what people are doing.

Let me know how you get on with the 33's - I won't be buying my new tyres 'til everything else gets sorted so am interested in real world experience..

Cheers,
                      Rob.

Comment

Personally, if I could afford / be bothered to regear the diffs, I would. I run 33s on a 3.0 and whilst it is most definitely noticeable compared to the original wheel / tyres, it aint too bad.

I suspect it could be because I have muds on at the mo, and they're gonna be a lot more draggy than ATs. When I get my 33" ATs later in the year I'll know better.

Wishbone, are you running stock suspension at the mo? One thing I would say is if you wind the torsion bars up for a 3" lift WITHOUT the balljoint spacers, you will ruin the ride quality of the front end. It becomes very hard / harsh, and you have virtually no rebound because the wishbone hits the top-out bumpstop frequently.

The balljoint spacers flatten the angle of the top wishbone, meaning you dont need anything like as much tension on the bars, and clear the bumpstop easily. You get a MUCH better ride from the front.

Before fitting manual hubs, mine went through CV boots like there's no tomorrow. Not had any issues since, as I only lock the front hubs when offroad.
                        Last edited by Apache; 13 April 2008, 23:11.
                        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by pirate-storm View Post
                          i believe no need to regear on 33's i believe you can do on 35's but im not to sure, i know rodleech got 35's on his 2.4 but as for any technical im sorry i cant help you there but im sure the guys on here will tell you
                          someone mention me?

Will, truck looks awesome mate!! I was going to call you when i heard you were at sledges but i aint got your mobile number!!

As for a 2.4 on 33's would probably be ok! As will said ive got 35's an its fine!

Comment

[QUOTE=Apache;436372]

Wishbone, are you running stock suspension at the mo? One thing I would say is if you wind the torsion bars up for a 3" lift WITHOUT the balljoint spacers, you will ruin the ride quality of the front end. It becomes very hard / harsh, and you have virtually no rebound because the wishbone hits the top-out bumpstop frequently.

QUOTE]

Hi Apache,

Right now my surf has milner uprated springs with a 1.25" coil spacer on the rear (thought it was 1.5" as posted in my other thread) I have es9000 +2" all round, with the front bars wound up to match the rears - rim to wheel arch measurement.

Top arm to bumpstop measures 1cm, bottom arm to bumpstop measure 3cm.

I'm trying to get the surf ready for a trip to spain - have friends there, and want to take in an 'off road holiday' like atlas overland etc on the way.

I posted about this in a thread here, which you did chime in on:

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=44044

Cheers,
                            Rob.

Comment

'Bing-bong!'

Yeah, I remember now - attention span of a goldfish

If you're not wanting to go much higher, small spacers, say 1", and relaxing the torsion bars slightly, will probably improve the ride, and will also increase the clearance to the bumpstops. I cut all of mine down by about 50%. Manual hubs would be good too. Saves wear on the CVs on a long trip like that. Tony N stocks WARN ones.

I'm going to the Pyrenees with Atlas next year
                              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Working...
                              X