anyone know about boats??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Phantom 18 View Post
    Coz when they were first built they were built as formula 1 racing hulls. You would'nt buy an F1 car when you just passed your test would you?
    if i had the money!!... yeah!
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Watch this and you will see what mine was like not an ideal first boat. But its up to you only trying to save youe life
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=af4tPoGgFGM
      monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

That goes well when he gets it trimmed doesn't it?

I remember doing that with mine when I first got it (had been used to my days 40HP day boat!) and it scared the cr@p out of me! When the bow came down I was pointing 90 degrees to the direction I wanted, and at a bridge pillar!

You learn quickly!
        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

it's got a ballast tank on the front to keep it down....

i'm not daft, i can do slow as well as fast...

i gotta go have a good look and find out a bot more about it anyway... i shall report back!
          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

This one looks pretty fast. Watch the scenery blurring past

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBmJ2...eature=related

Comment

One of my favourates that is.
              monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

All I know about boats is they aint never big enough.
                http://www.celluloidheroreviews.com/images/jaws.jpg
                it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Slug... about that Phantom. Thats not a boat... THIS is a boat! (Its the same boat as the vid I posted up last night)

Another toy for the list when the Euromillions win comes up!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=OXTgdA...eature=related

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man View Post
                    anyone know about boats??
                    Yep, Just take your ARB's and save yourself £2,000

Comment

It really depends what you want a boat for?

145hp is a big fast engine that will drink fuel so will be ££££ to run

A long thin boat is great for straight line speed but not as stable a wider shorter boat.

If the sea is choppy then your not going to be able to use all the power the boat has got without scaring the crap out of yourself or flipping it over.

If you wanted to water ski then an 80hp engine is powerful enough to pull a mono skier out of the water and get the boat up to speed easley

If you do buy it at the very least get 3rd party insurance, self inflating life jackets and wear the kill cord...so if you get thrown out of the boat the kill cord switches off the engine so the boat does not come back round to kill you or any other water user. Should you get knocked out falling out of the boat the life jacket will self inflate and roll you around so your face is out of the water.

Mark

Comment

Slug M8

As someone who has owned a boat for many years I say go for it BUT before you go out and kill yourself do the RYA powerboat handling course . There are too many weekend Boy Racers with speed machines that know nothing about boats or the sea . most of them have no insurance and very little knowledge of the rules of the sea but they are out there to cause havoc . I saw one try to go across the sands in the solent once and the seagulls were standing up on it lol . My boat is a big bertha and not fast she cruises at 10 knots but only uses 1 gallon of diesel/vegoil per hour as she got a tractor engine . will put a pic in when shes back in water

Maurice

Comment

Working...
                        X