Never did like petrol!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never did like petrol!!

Had a couple of days off work, so thought service the truck, tidy the garden, etc etc. During the course of garden tidy, lit the incinerator, and burnt some old mail, credit card statements and the like, then moved on to greenery and twigs and stuff. The incinerator was just smouldering at this point, so I thought I would give it a hand to get going again. Enter 5 litre petrol can. I thought sprinkle a bit on top, light a taper and away we go. The first 'sprinkle' resulted in a back draft to the petrol can, which exploded in my hand, covered me in fuel, and set me alight from the waist up!!!! My 8 year old son was watching the whole thing too.

Its resulted in serious burns to my left arm, no eyebrows or hair at the front, and scalding to face and neck. Will be back and forth to hospital for a while.

Moral of the story...... don't pour fuel on a smouldering fire.

Being a country boy, I should know better, so was a total ####.

Anyone got a drift handle (I think they called - goes on steering wheel) knocking about so I can still drive the truck?

Cheers guys,

Bu5h.
    If you play with fire.....

ouch but damn silly matey,hope yr ok tho
    ps trew iotw?

Comment

Ouch. hope the wounds heal soon
      Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
        ps trew iotw?
        I think not, I think he's suffered enough with us picking on him (quick call a vet I've got compassion )

Comment

Thanks fellas, pride hurting as much as injuries at the mo

Does anyone know what those steering aides called, they clamp on steering wheel so you can steer one handed, the big rigs generally have them, but think they may be illegal now. Would sure make my life easier driving.

Any help appreciated.

Comment

got one on mine went through mot yesterday with no coment they are called suicide knobs loads on ebay hope all goes well with the burns is your lad ok after seeing it all the best.

Comment

Any use ?

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev View Post
                I think not, I think he's suffered enough with us picking on him (quick call a vet I've got compassion )
                You need to be shot for that remark

Sorry to hear bout the accident mate hope all goes well and your son is ok and a lesson learnt for you

Comment

Thats exactly what I was after UDTrev, cheers fella, just bought it

My boy is ok, went into a bit of shock I reckon, but once I got back from the hospital he was fine. Can't be good watching your Dad go up in flames, but hopefully we have both learnt a valuable lesson, and it could've been a whole lot worse.

Thanks again for all your comments guys.

Comment

I'm glad to hear that you and your son are OK, but FFS!!!! What kind of example does that set for your son? I realise that it's very unlikely he'll try it - but even so - pouring petrol onto a lit fire....seriously mate.....
                    Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Trust me Mudsurfer, no one can give me a bigger kicking than I am giving myself, but unfortunately in life you sometimes do dumb arse things, and all you can do is learn from them and move on.

I've explained to my son the stupidity of my actions, and that I most definately wasn't setting any kind of example.

Comment

when i was about 15, i made myself a flamethrower....

it was all going well till my mate had a go!
                        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Glad you aint too bad mate, it goes up quick dose'nt it, when i was on the gas conversion we had a guy come in to get warm on the open brazier, he's spilled petrol on his trousers just before, his pants went off like a roman candel, never seen a guy move so quick, pants off in about five seconds,
                          Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

damn that aint good mate..

hope u get well soon....
                            One day at the time I guess..

Comment

Originally posted by bu5hwack3r View Post
                              Had a couple of days off work, so thought service the truck, tidy the garden, etc etc. During the course of garden tidy, lit the incinerator, and burnt some old mail, credit card statements and the like, then moved on to greenery and twigs and stuff. The incinerator was just smouldering at this point, so I thought I would give it a hand to get going again. Enter 5 litre petrol can. I thought sprinkle a bit on top, light a taper and away we go. The first 'sprinkle' resulted in a back draft to the petrol can, which exploded in my hand, covered me in fuel, and set me alight from the waist up!!!! My 8 year old son was watching the whole thing too.

Its resulted in serious burns to my left arm, no eyebrows or hair at the front, and scalding to face and neck. Will be back and forth to hospital for a while.

Moral of the story...... don't pour fuel on a smouldering fire.

Being a country boy, I should know better, so was a total ####.

Anyone got a drift handle (I think they called - goes on steering wheel) knocking about so I can still drive the truck?

Cheers guys,

Bu5h.

and stop wastin' petrol, I need it!

Comment

Working...
                              X