Too idle to go looking .....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too idle to go looking .....

Me and the wife are going to be in Wimborne for the weekend with our tin tent - any of you locals got some ideas as to how we could spend our time ?

I made a couple of suggestions but she just told me to f%9k off as she gets seasick when the van starts rocking ........

Life is too important to take seriously !

tell her to lay back n think of what colour she wants the ceiling or get her to read the contract
    Originally posted by Predictable Bob View Post

Me and the wife are going to be in Wimborne for the weekend with our tin tent - any of you locals got some ideas as to how we could spend our time ?

I made a couple of suggestions but she just told me to f%9k off as she gets seasick when the van starts rocking ........

Comment

Originally posted by Predictable Bob View Post

Wimbourne Minster, New Forest, Poole, Bounmouth, day trip sur le continant via bournmouth airport or Brittany ferries poole, fishing trip or a get together with the local truck owners for a nosh....for starters
      Did I mention I have a BLUE one
      Tony

Comment

nearest pub.
        Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Swanage .......there is a nice oyster bar there ......if it's open
          ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Cheers guys !

I'm not actually that idle but despite loads of searching last night I can't find anything in the way of restaurants etc in the area that have got any decent recommendations - all Google throws up is sites with lists of restaurants that they want ME to spend time and money on so I can produce reviews for them .......

I've no objection to writing the odd review but I was hoping to avoid spending cash near enough at random

There doesn't seem to be any touristy stuff happening either so it looks like a quiet weekend walking, reading and drinking - I suggested finding somebody to go playing in lanes with but the response was along the lines of:

"And exactly HOW are we going to get the van home when you break my Surf ????"

I've obviously left out the expletives cos this is a family forum !

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

If you fancy a trip out for some nice food, then can recomend the Kings Head in Stoborough. Make your way to Wareham and go through the town, not the bypass. As you go over the river the next town at the end of the causeway is Stoborough. Just as you enter the town the pub is on the left opposite a texaco garage. Fantastic food there, good price, and local ales on tap. If you want to make a day of it go further towards Swanage from Stoborough and you'll see a turning for a place called Arne. Nice woodland and heatland on the quiet side of Poole Harbour. Further into the Pubecks you have Corfe Castle (trip around the castle itself, or catch the steam train to Swanage), Worth Matravers (look out for a tiny pub called the Square and Compass, great cider there) Also got some great coastline around the purbecks, and if the MOD isn't blowing the area up then a visit to abondened village of Tyneham is worth a visit.
              Poole Quay is a nice to spend an evening walking along or enjoying a drink, the Lord Nelson or Jolly Sailor usually have a live band in of a weekend. The seasons picking up for the tourist boats around the harbour and to Brownsea Island (spot the red squirrels)
              If I wasn't at the Tech weekend then we could have met up, sorry. But hope you have a good weekend and enjoy what my local area has to offer.
              Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

Working...
              X