is it just me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
    is the sticker the cornwall leaf and coil club if so thats the local 4x4 off road club which i used to be a member of.
    Yer thats the one, round sticker with gold on a black background.
    Surfin on the tidal waves of mud!

Comment

surfs common?

The surfs seem to be disapearing in this area, there used to be about 6 in littleport alone, now there is 3, which will become 2 on saturday when we finally give up and trade the surf in for something we can actually afford to run! the last trip with the caravan, which isn't that big cost, £80 just in diesel, we only went to great yarmouth, and to add insult to injury, the whole weeks holiday only cost £84 and that was over easter!!!!!!
      Going to miss the surf, kids will probably shed a few tears, and hubby!, but we just can't afford it any more so we are getting a citroen c5, we had a xantia before the surf which was brilliant, but then had the mid life crisis early and got the surf!!! By the way, i know she's only a 2.4 but whoever said they would tow anything, LIED!

Comment

goodbye!

Well, that's it, the surf has gone. We said goodbye today, and went all sensible trading it in against a citroen c5. I know, it's a boring car, but it's a damn sight cheaper to run than the surf. we went to great yarmouth easter, towing the caravan, cost £80 in diesel, holiday cost £84, couldn't justify it, so gave in, it was either the truck or the caravan, the truck lost, much to the kids disgust! I know it was only a 2.4, but even so, whoever said they would tow anything, lied through their backside!!! it's not the biggest of caravans but you would have thought we were towing a blooming diesel tanker behind us, although that wouldn't have been such a bad idea!!
        Thanks for all your advice over the last couple of years, i left the hilux surf forum sticker on the back, always good to spread the knowledge! You never know, we might have another mid-life crisis soon and get another one!!

Comment

Working...
        X