yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's this and how do I disconnect it . . . (pic)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's this and how do I disconnect it . . . (pic)

Nearside of auto gearbox (2.4td LN130) . . .

Also the two pipes on the other side of the box, (do they go to the oil cooler?) Am I likely to lose a lot of oil when I disconnect them, if so from the box or the pipe.

Thanks.

Originally posted by Dodge View Post
    Nearside of auto gearbox (2.4td LN130) . . .

Also the two pipes on the other side of the box, (do they go to the oil cooler?) Am I likely to lose a lot of oil when I disconnect them, if so from the box or the pipe.

Thanks.
    the two pipes on the other side do go to the oil cooler and are 17mm nuts, i lost just a few drips of oil but then most of my oil had already leaked from the box. This i believe is your kick down cable and it disconects under your bonnet, 14mm nut holds it to the throttle cable linkage on the throttle housing. If im wrong im sure i shall be corected shortly.
    Joe
    Surfin on the tidal waves of mud!

Comment

Originally posted by YoungOffroader View Post
      the two pipes on the other side do go to the oil cooler and are 17mm nuts, i lost just a few drips of oil but then most of my oil had already leaked from the box. This i believe is your kick down cable and it disconects under your bonnet, 14mm nut holds it to the throttle cable linkage on the throttle housing. If im wrong im sure i shall be corected shortly.
      Joe
      Thanks.

Can I disconnect it from this end (at the gearbox) to remove the box?

Comment

Originally posted by Dodge View Post
        Thanks.

Can I disconnect it from this end (at the gearbox) to remove the box?
        i tried before but its conected within the box and when i just bought a new box fron TonyN the cable came with the box so i guess its jus alot easier to remove the cable with the box as its jus simply undo a nut at the top and unhook the little lead coloured ball on the end of the cable.
        Joe
        Surfin on the tidal waves of mud!

Comment

Originally posted by YoungOffroader View Post
          i tried before but its conected within the box and when i just bought a new box fron TonyN the cable came with the box so i guess its jus alot easier to remove the cable with the box as its jus simply undo a nut at the top and unhook the little lead coloured ball on the end of the cable.
          Joe
          Thanks, I'll give it a go.

Comment

Working...
          X