Electrical

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical

Right as you may have read my truck wont start and run properly since putting a new head on it, today we have got it down to an electrical fault. as soon as you let the key go so it goes from start to ignition position the fuel solenoid cuts out, so we ran wires from the battery to the solenoid and it started and ran but just kept increasing the revs trying to run the nuts off it. How much are ECU's new and second hand and does anyone local have one? or what other electrical faults could cause this, maybe the ignition barrel? Fanx for all the support from everyone so far
    Surfin on the tidal waves of mud!

sounds like a fracked solenoid, and they are not 12v (AFAIK) so your 12v test may not have helped! so get a replacement solenoid first, unless you know its the ECU. solenoid approx £70 so i have heard.
    If you're gonna be a bear... be a Grizzly.

Comment

EEK!! Its not just a Fuel Cut off Valve!! Its a Spill Control Valve, and a delicate piece at that.

The spill control valve runs on 0 - 3 (or 6 maybe, can't remember) volts, applying 12V normally kills them. (and opens it completely, overfueling as you've found out.)

Its controlled by the ECU. You should be able to get 3 or 6V from the valve feed, to prove the ECU is working.

Are you sure all the other sensors and earth wires are connected up properly, as the ECU alters the spill control valve depending on what all the other sensors are reading to supply fuel.

I have a 2.4 EFI Auto ECU, I charge £80 for them if you need it.
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

ok so im guessing if the valve wasnt fecked already it is now. Does this sound like an ECU fault?

Comment

Originally posted by YoungOffroader View Post
          ok so im guessing if the valve wasnt fecked already it is now. Does this sound like an ECU fault?
          Check everything else as Tony says. 12 Volts to the SCV may fry either it or the ECU.

Nev

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev View Post
            Check everything else as Tony says. 12 Volts to the SCV may fry either it or the ECU.

Nev
            cheerz i think the ecu is screwed anyway as it only sends a feed to the valve when cranking the engine over, nothing on ignition.
            Joe

Comment

Working...
            X