OOPS (to be polite)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OOPS (to be polite)

At the weekend I was in Homebase getting some plants etc.... anyway I was loading my surf with my new purchases and because there was a car tight next to me i could not move the trolley past with the drivers door open. So i popped my keys on the drivers seat, closed the door and moved the trolley past.

Yes you have probably guessed it! I accidental locked the keys in the surf. The only keys! bugger!

never mind i thought to myself (or words to that effect!). I had a thought about what to do and I remembered all the films etc where they get a piece of wire put it inside the door and poof it opens! well how hard can it be it I thought I mean the little sh**s who break into and steel cars can do it and they cant even read or write!

so i phoned my partner to bring me a coat hook. A few minutes later Rachel arrives with a coat hook. She asked me if my AA cover would cover me to which I said no. Over an hour later with the window seal off the surf and a very bent coat hanger I was still locked out.

Rachel then phoned me (she had gone home after getting board) she had phoned the AA and surprise surprise I am covered with my break down cover.

Ten minutes later the AA van arrives, I sign a form to say I own the vehicle and that I accept damage if it occurs when he breaks into it.

In less than 20 seconds he has wedged the door open, put an airbag in it and pumped it up a few mm, then put a long straight wire inside against the lock leaver and pulled it open. not a scratch and the door was fine.

it didn't cost a penny just went as a normal call out!

I really must get a spare set of keys cut. and not be so stupid to lock them in the surf again
    If it can be broken it can be fixed

hehe well mate I feel a IOTW nomination coming up..

At least u got back in hehe
    One day at the time I guess..

Comment

oh dear...

not tried the surf yet but me other car can be opened in about 5 seconds if you know what you're doing
      Toot! Toot!

Comment

lock out kits,amazing,i wudnt be without one now !

Comment

Working...
        X