Dyson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dyson

Shirley went to vac spares the other day to get a new HEPA filter for our Dyson. The girl in the shop told her it was choked because Dyson's don't like dust! Apparently we should sweep up any dust before we use the Dyson...
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

you what now??

sounds a bit like BS to me, that's what the filters are there for, to remove the dust... suppose taking the dust up 1st should mean the filter will last longer
    Toot! Toot!

Comment

My mum had four dysons that broke because they didn't like dust. After the fourth replacement, they refused to do any more because she 'must be doing something wrong'.

Overpriced overrated rubbish in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
        My mum had four dysons that broke because they didn't like dust. After the fourth replacement, they refused to do any more because she 'must be doing something wrong'.

I second that emotion

Bogus
        Сви можемо

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus View Post
          I second that emotion

Bogus
          I Lurv mine, but apparently your not supposed to talk about it in public!

never had a problem with mine, wash the filters regularly (two in the top that is)

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
            Shirley went to vac spares the other day to get a new HEPA filter for our Dyson. The girl in the shop told her it was choked because Dyson's don't like dust! Apparently we should sweep up any dust before we use the Dyson...
            big mistake that using a vaccum cleaner to pick up dust...whatever next
            you aint got too much dust you got too much hepa - simple realy
            Did I mention I have a BLUE one
            Tony

Comment

3rd ed
              I Love Wales

Comment

mines works a treat, got it in a sale to.
                Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

we've had ours for about 10 years (original DC01).. required major surgery a few times but still working fine, finally decided it was time to change the original filters the other day when they finally fell to bits when "treated" with the air line...
                  Toot! Toot!

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus View Post
                    I second that emotion

Bogus
                    I agree as we got thru 2 in a matter of a month cause of the dust.They also don't like pet hair much either
                    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Absolutely nothing wrong with ours. We've had it about 10 years and have only ever had to replace one belt. The filters probably need changing about every couple of months.

We've also got 3 cats and it copes with their hair.

Ours is one of the older models, the newer ones seem to have the problems.

Comment

Originally posted by 24Seven View Post
                        3rd ed
                        4th'ed.

Our 'Henry' Vac is unstoppable with dog hair, horse hair, dust, connected to powertools, etc.... and 3rd of the price.
                        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

My old Hoover aqua vac is still going strong and she got me free tickets to florida.... (remember that mess - the free flight promotion).

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
                            4th'ed.

Our 'Henry' Vac is unstoppable with dog hair, horse hair, dust, connected to powertools, etc.... and 3rd of the price.
                            I've had Henry's for years, still got my original of 15 years ago, still going strong, the motor's only cost £45 new,and about 30 mins to change it.

Henry's..........unbeatable.
                            Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Dysons are the biggest load of rubbish I've ever encountered- one of my pet hates in fact. My mum swears by them - she on her sixth one - I'm still using my old orange Vax. Go figure that out.....

Lost count of the ones that have broken down at work too. Trouble is the boss is a fan of Mr Dyson and insists we buy replacement ones.....

The Vax at work has never missed a beat either.

Comment

Working...
                              X