BIG bling and grrrrrr wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BIG bling and grrrrrr wheels

Well my alloys arrived and I have they tyres so it was time to put them on.

Such a difference they make, suddenly my car does not look like a set of roller skates.

Now just need to sort out the front tyres rubbing on the mud flap and then I can send the car down to tony to fix the gear stick and I can drive it again.

Oh the car has a 2" body lift, a 4" procomp suspension lift, the alloys are from la super trucks and are mickey thompson classics 10" wide (cant remember the offset). and the tyres are maxxis buckshot mudders (or something) 35"x12.5xR15.

They are amazing and look great.

Pictures are before......... right side done....... and after

Had a couple of problems getting the tyres on the alloys most places either said they could not do it or wanted 20 quid a tyre!!! finally found some big old guy down some back road who did a great job for not that much (I will have to use him for my other cars from now on). The only other thing is the alloys are not lacquered so with the salt etc on the roads here I will have to pollish and protect them, but I think thats a small price to pay for some amazing wheels
    Attached Files
    Last edited by truckarms; 6 April 2008, 12:10.

awseome combo. those wheels are cool.
    i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

Excellent!!!

Those are the exact wheels that I want!!! Although I'll pprobably just stick with 33s

How does she drive?

Best colour too
      Last edited by Karma Supra; 6 April 2008, 12:18.
      More Lift.
      More Tyres.
      More Engine.

Comment

Truck is currently the most expensive garden ornament I own as I have no gears!!!

See linky
        http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=43267

Its very sad I want to play but cant!!!

With all the lift 33's still look a bit small (imho) and there is no real difference in price (if you can get hold of 35's that are not all out off raod tyres that is, took me ages and even then this ended up being a compromise but I got 5 of the last 20 tyres in the uk!!)

Comment

Blimey

I agree about 35s vs 33s, but I'll only run about 4" lift max I spend too much time on the hard stuff...

Your truck looks ace though
          More Lift.
          More Tyres.
          More Engine.

Comment

Thanks,

Its slowly getting there,

I need to sort out the sliders and a bash plate for the front and my rear wheel carrier (half done) and the roof rails then I can get back to sorting out the inside!!

Comment

Looks great!

keep wondering whether I should lift mine or not as I use it mostly for towing...
              Toot! Toot!

Comment

How much did you pay for the Micky Thompsons? AND more to the point, why have you got them and not me, you sh1t!
                Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

They were about 110 quid each,

They are straight off lasupertrux web site.

As they have to order and import them it takes about 6 weeks to get them.

Comment

Ah, you didn't get em mega cheap then. I dont feel so jealous now

Still its a reasonable price for a 10" wide alloy, as a 10" wide steel is ~£60, and they are my most favorite alloy style.
                    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Look ace, big improvement, just wondering how much they might rub on lock or with articulation off road?
                      Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Awesome!! Mickey's look the nuts! Great choice! Nice to see another truck with an IFS bracket lift! Welcome to the 35" club mate!

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
                        Look ace, big improvement, just wondering how much they might rub on lock or with articulation off road?

They will never be as good as 33" offroad in a Surf. you may have that extra 1" diff clearance... but buy a bash plate. a 33" tyre can stuff into the arch a hell of alot better then a 35" ... they are pretty damn big.

you'll always be driving to avoid ripping your tyres/arches apart on really tough sections which will mean it would make a tough section ....tougher!!!

Unless you put in some extra bump stops an some diff locks so limited articulation wasnt much of an issue.

Comment

rubs on full lock at the moment,
                          I need to trim the mud flap inner edge a bit and then see.

35" are for urban off roading, i.e. scaring all the liottle cars on the road to keep out of my way!!!!

Comment

cheers rod, cheers chris.

I love the look of the 35's but I love to get really muddy too so I guess i'll be having 33's.

those mickey thomsons are the dogs danglies! a bit bling but very solid looking truck wheels.
                            Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Working...
                            X