Shipping big things from the US...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shipping big things from the US...

Has anyone got any experiance of this??? I have seen the perfect bumper I have been looking for, but its in the US, and they don't ship abroad

It weighs about 100 lbs and is, obviously, bumper sized, so I know it'll not be cheap to ship, and I am aware of Tax and VAT, anyone got any idea what the cheapest way of shipping it will be, and how to go about doing it?
    More Lift.
    More Tyres.
    More Engine.

Originally posted by Karma Supra View Post
    Has anyone got any experiance of this??? I have seen the perfect bumper I have been looking for, but its in the US, and they don't ship abroad

It weighs about 100 lbs and is, obviously, bumper sized, so I know it'll not be cheap to ship, and I am aware of Tax and VAT, anyone got any idea what the cheapest way of shipping it will be, and how to go about doing it?

best way is to find some friendly american to send it to you i know this is done reguarly on the bike site i use
    www.cnpbetterhomes.co.uk

Comment

If it's an $800 bumper it will be $1600 by the time it get's to your door mate.
      UPS will collect and ship for you
      Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger View Post
        best way is to find some friendly american to send it to you i know this is done reguarly on the bike site i use
        Or take you're holidays in the States and bring it back with you.
        Not much bigger than golf clubs really
        Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger View Post
          Yeah, go on Yotatech, find someone trusted and paypal them the money to send it over.

Cheapest shipping option would be to crate it up and stick it on a boat. Probably take a month or so to get here though.

Comment

fedex do an online quote, i just ran through it and they will collect and ship for $1600 (USD) but that was probably overestimating the size by a bit

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Package details: 1 skid(s) , 55.0 kgs , Your Packaging , 200 cm x 100 cm x 50 cm , 979.00 USD. Package details: 1 skid(s) , 55.0 kgs , Your Packaging , 200 cm x 100 cm x 50 cm , 979.00 USD.
            --------------------------------------------------------------------------

considerably cheaper if you bring the Width down a bit, but i left it high incase you wanted the top tubes aswell.
            =========
            =SOLD UP!=
            =========

Comment

Originally posted by Karma Supra View Post

hey mate I have done this a few times.
              let them pack it up and send via the normal package service in the mail.
              will take a couple weeks but is not very expensive at all and then make sure that they send it as a gift to you so u dont have to pay tax and vat..

I got some big amateur antenna's shipped over a few times and that is the easiest way I think
              and cheapest....

hope it helps.
              One day at the time I guess..

Comment

Cheers guys.. Cheers Nero, I looked at the fed ex site... shipping costs more then teh actual bumper, and that doesn't include tax!! (Afaik you have to pay tax on the shipping too don't you??)

I have a girly mate that lives in Texas and has invited me over... not sure what the mrs would say though as she is always "the one that got away"

Plus she has an 80s supra and a supercharged V8 Chevvy pickup..
                More Lift.
                More Tyres.
                More Engine.

Comment

Just an idea?

Just a thought.
                  If you knew someone that is in the US Military posted over here you could use their APO address (same as our BFPO British forces post office) & it would only count as shipping within the US & might get you a break on tax.....Also some RAF folk used to bring bits & pecies back from all over on the cargo flights......
                  The sh$t gets deeper ...but still swimming

Comment

Try nigel at la supertrux.....i think he brings in a container every so often
                    ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

I have been told....that there are 'codes' that customs in the uk will refer to as items come into the uk. The code needs to be printed on the package to state whats in the package....it apparently speeds things up quite a bit at customs and it may reduce what you need to pay.
                      I bought a n expensive phone from the USA it arrived in heathrow next day...only to spend 3 weeks awaiting UK customs to clear it ....

Back in the day Baby

Comment

or get surfenstein to make u one???

Comment

Working...
                        X