Couple of questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple of questions

1. If I were to have overfilled the oil last time I changed it - where would the excess escape from?

2. Squealy wheelies - when I go around corners at almost any speed, mainly slow cos I don't want to tip over - I get the OSR tyre squealing - is this down to gearing on the diff cos I'm using 33"s???
    Too old to care, young enough to remember

1. Whichever oil seal fails first

2. Check the tyre pressures

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Or through a breather ........crank would be the most suspect seal to go though..............

What make of tyre it could be something to do with the compound / hardness of the rubber
      ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Originally posted by BioHazzard View Post
        Or through a breather ........crank would be the most suspect seal to go though..............

What make of tyre it could be something to do with the compound / hardness of the rubber

I'm not losing any now, it's shed a load all over the back of the block and onto the bellhousing - yuk!

The tyres are BFG ATs - I'm having new ones this week so will update...

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer View Post
          I'm not losing any now, it's shed a load all over the back of the block and onto the bellhousing - yuk!

The tyres are BFG ATs - I'm having new ones this week so will update...
          Squeeely tyre noise is more than likely tracking needs doing..
          SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

dude check between the engine and box see if you have done the ear crank oil seal,and as for squealing sell me your winch and i will tell you to get a 4 wheel alighnment done !!
            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
              dude check between the engine and box see if you have done the ear crank oil seal,and as for squealing sell me your winch and i will tell you to get a 4 wheel alighnment done !!

Is the ear crank seal hard to replace????

And it's sold!

To you!

Comment

Is the ear crank seal hard to replace????

And it's sold!

To you!
                the (r)ear crank oil seal , well me old china,you need to go outside now !!!
                put your hand between the engine and gearbox(there should be a gearbox bellhousing plate) and poke about on the main shaft passing into the box.if there is loads of oil

a. NEVER overfill again as its a safe bet the rear crank ouil seal is done.

b. the good news is the engine does not have to come out

c. the bad news is that the gearbox does.

have a look also at the back of the rocker cover,it may have blown out/leaked out there.
                , or possibly through the engine breather 9dunno where this is on a 5.4 litre),as for the winch....wahoooo

either tech w/end or wales please sir !!
                Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                  the (r)ear crank oil seal , well me old china,you need to go outside now !!!
                  put your hand between the engine and gearbox(there should be a gearbox bellhousing plate) and poke about on the main shaft passing into the box.if there is loads of oil

a. NEVER overfill again as its a safe bet the rear crank ouil seal is done.

b. the good news is the engine does not have to come out

c. the bad news is that the gearbox does.

have a look also at the back of the rocker cover,it may have blown out/leaked out there.
                  , or possibly through the engine breather 9dunno where this is on a 5.4 litre),as for the winch....wahoooo

either tech w/end or wales please sir !!
                  Oh MAN!!!!

There isn't any off the back of the rocker cover....dunno where the breather is either, I'll have a look around on the 4Runner stuff from Matts forum....

Tech Weekend - we'll make a weekend of it and see you there my good man!

Comment

spiffing !!!!!

as for the crank oil seal,dont leave it mate,as you can very quickly end up losing all of your oil and that would be a disaster.have a look in the daylight,and hopefully its not that

good luck
                    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

It isn't losing any oil, I took the overfill out about a week after I did it....so it may have blown a load out of the breather, I checked the oil a few times over the fast few weeks and it hasn't lost/used any at all....so looks OK to me - I'll have another look in the morning, and get my gloves on...

Comment

It isn't losing any oil, I took the overfill out about a week after I did it....so it may have blown a load out of the breather, I checked the oil a few times over the fast few weeks and it hasn't lost/used any at all....so looks OK to me - I'll have another look in the morning, and get my gloves on...
                        oh bl00dy good oh !!

if the seal was gone you would get terrific oil loss,so all seems well dude.
                        dont know about the 5.4 litre but my lowly 2.4 i try to keep the oil 3/4 the way up the stick(have had the rear crank seal blow)and this is the poomobiles way of keeping me happy
                        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Surely oil loss would be catastrophic, not terrific???

Did you have to replace your rear seal? And where do you get seals from, and did you need to club it??

Comment

Surely oil loss would be catastrophic, not terrific???

Did you have to replace your rear seal? And where do you get seals from, and did you need to club it??
                            zoo
                            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
                              zoo
                              pnarphnarphnar

i couldnt do it on account of the fact im to old,to fat and i ran out of talent !!

a local garage did it,but it seems yours is ok if you are not using any oil
                              Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Working...
                              X