2WD mud experiment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2WD mud experiment

I had a trundle down some local lanes today in 2WD to see how dirty you can get....what do you think??

But - while down one of them, I did find someone had been flytipping, so have got some pics and will be talking to the police tomorrow to see if they can find an address on one of the bags - this kind of behaviour is disgusting, disrespectful and dangerous - I hate it!!!

Too old to care, young enough to remember

Trouble is, the local councils put so many constraints on what, and when you can take certain stuff to local tips (and round here, even the vehicle you can go in!) I'm not surprised there is an increase in fly tipping by the less palatable members of society.

To take junk in my truck, I need to apply for single use passes from the county council, and then have the junk inspected when I get there. I got stopped taking cardboard for recycling to our local tip because my vehicle is a commercial vehicle (apparently cos I have stickers on it!!!) and was told that I'd have to take it to Pershore (15 miles away) and PAY for it to go into landfill!!!

Yep, there's green for you!

When our local council brought in this ridiculous policy, a lot of people (me included) complained and pointed out that it would lead to an increase in fly-tipping. They said it wouldn't.

Guess what? It has! Our local paper ran a survey a bit back, and found that fly tipping has increased last year. Well duh...
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

No problem with my local tip. They even lift the height barrier for me so I can get get under with the roof lights on.

I often have a good chat with one of the guys who works there about using bio diesel and veggie oil as he has a Pajero.
      'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
        When our local council brought in this ridiculous policy, a lot of people (me included) complained and pointed out that it would lead to an increase in fly-tipping. They said it wouldn't.

Guess what? It has! Our local paper ran a survey a bit back, and found that fly tipping has increased last year. Well duh...
        dont believe everything in the papers m8....

and if you need more permits, pm me.
        If you're gonna be a bear... be a Grizzly.

Comment

Originally posted by legendgamesmaster View Post
          dont believe everything in the papers m8....

and if you need more permits, pm me.
          I don't believe much in the papers, but I'm inclined to believe my own eyes.. Its just as bad trying to get into the tip over here. There is no facility for businesses to recycle, without paying through the nose for it. Visitors into Warwick are markedly down, partly down to what the council have done to the parking, partly down to the economy maybe, and they want to charge extra for our rubbish? We are About 5% down on last year, what do you think the first casualty will be? Maybe they could take it out of the nearly 5% increase in business rates...
          Thats a kind offer on the permits but why should every one have to rely on knowing someone who can sneak them through the system?
          ( I went off on one a little bit there, sorry!)
          it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer View Post
            But - while down one of them, I did find someone had been flytipping, so have got some pics and will be talking to the police tomorrow to see if they can find an address on one of the bags - this kind of behaviour is disgusting, disrespectful and dangerous - I hate it!!!

Been there at least six weeks that little pile. I also reported it to WDC but clearly nothing been done yet....

Comment

Working...
            X