yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Anyone Had the Misfortune of ............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has Anyone Had the Misfortune of ............

Has anyone had the misfortune of going to the expense of replacing a clutch and
    after 1 month to 5 weeks having the new clutch brake up on them????? I replaced the spigot bairn as it only cost £5 and the clutch kit came with a new thrust bairn, pressure plate and clutch plate, I also replaced the slave cylinder, the master cylinder is 'A' ok. I was on my way to Stonehouse this morning and pop!!!! Hey presto!!!! there was such a rattling noise and then a whirring sound and the RAC agreed with me that it is down too a faulty clutch plate that has broken up. Do I have recourse from the clutch supplier, a very reputable 4x4 parts supplier for oor Surfs. I'm going thin enough on top without this shit happening. It's not like I've abused the clutch, I've not even been off roading yet!!!! So if there are any other Surf owners out there who can shed a wee bit 'o' light on this problem I would really appreciate hearing how this happened after spending all that dosh on getting me Surf back on the road. She is now, once again, back in the drive way and grounded, plus the missus says get her fixed and get her out of her life................ (Mmmmm???? Not a hells chance!)
    S S R G is the only way to surf

scottish mud club member kerelawsurf

Have you done the obvious and asked said supplier about what kind of warranty the parts carry ?
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev View Post
      Have you done the obvious and asked said supplier about what kind of warranty the parts carry ?
      They are closed today, or they don't have time to answer the phones

I will phone them in the morning

Comment

There is one other thing that can happen to the 2.4 clutch and actually happened to mine. The clutch pivot bolt came adrift by breaking a chunk out of the bell housing. This happened to mine before the vehicle left the garage with the new clutch and flywheel. If the clutch pivot fork is rattling around loose then this may be the problem. Solution is a replacement bellhousing which should be checked thoroughly for cracks around the pivot bolt.

Nev

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev View Post
          There is one other thing that can happen to the 2.4 clutch and actually happened to mine. The clutch pivot bolt came adrift by breaking a chunk out of the bell housing. This happened to mine before the vehicle left the garage with the new clutch and flywheel. If the clutch pivot fork is rattling around loose then this may be the problem. Solution is a replacement bellhousing which should be checked thoroughly for cracks around the pivot bolt.

Nev
          no its sound thanks

Comment

Working...
          X