Dual fuel tanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual fuel tanks

Sort of follow on from UDTrevs rant, i'm thinking of not doing the second tank for veg oil conversion thing as the price of svo's going through the roof, might as well just mix in whatever i come across cheap or used, so thinking about linking the tanks up as sort of long range set up, i think Andylala did this with a pipe linking the drain bungs,
    as for filling it i'm thinking of teeing into the original filler pipe low down as poss so when the old tanks full it will go into the second one, this is slightly higher than the old one, save faffing about filling it from the boot or waiting for it to transfer via the linking tube,
    here's me qusetion, would running the fuel line through the heat exchanger have any downside on derv? bearing in mind the mix will very from 20% to 80% depending on time of year and what veg i come by, (got a few feelers out on used oil as well as the guy that gives me some already)
    i dont really want to dismantle all the stuff i installed in case by some miricle veg oil comes down in price,
    wot do ya reccon?
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

I think it's something like 70 degrees or something is the most you're meant to preheat diesel to, anything above that isn't good on straight DERV i could be wrong though.
    =========
    =SOLD UP!=
    =========

Comment

Cheer's i'll link it up and see what temp it gets to, i fitted a gauge in the line between the exchanger and the pump (which will now be via the filter)
      the exchanger in the second tank aint going to get it anywhere near 70deg
      i think so wont worry to much about that one,
      Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Working...
      X