import tax, vat etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• import tax, vat etc

Basically i bought something from the usa and i checked up on tracking and found out it's been held for AWAITING CUSTOMS CHARGING.
    Searched for hours and cant find a straight answer just vat and import tax etc...
    So i was wondering how much i am about to be stung when parcelforce come and deliver it as i have found out i have to pay at the door otherwise they take it back to the hub till i pay import duty

Can i pay by cheque with £100 guarantee card ?

Total for the item is $369.99 or £184.10 plus the postage which i cant see em charging me for US $54.99 or £27.34

1st time i been caught with my trouser down

IIRC, you have to pay with cash and you have to pay the exact ammount.
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Retribution View Post
      Basically i bought something from the usa and i checked up on tracking and found out it's been held for AWAITING CUSTOMS CHARGING.
      Searched for hours and cant find a straight answer just vat and import tax etc...
      So i was wondering how much i am about to be stung when parcelforce come and deliver it as i have found out i have to pay at the door otherwise they take it back to the hub till i pay import duty

Total for the item is $369.99 or £184.10 plus the postage which i cant see em charging me for US $54.99 or £27.34

what company did you buy from, ive imported stuff twice now and never paid any tax
      JAP4X4PART ¬ THE BIGGEST SURF BREAKER IN THE UK ¬

Comment

customs website has all the details of the different rates...

car parts, last time I got caught, were 5% plus VAT.

Depends what its been classified as...

Comment

gift

They shud have send it as a gift then it does not cost anything.
          That is what I usually ask for.
          One day at the time I guess..

Comment

dont forget the handling charge. I bought a Griffin iPod tunecenter for $68 AND PAID £19 TAX AND £11 HANDLING by UPS, thus doubling the cost - how on earth did they work that one out? still cheaper than buying in the UK though, by a few quid.
            If you're gonna be a bear... be a Grizzly.

Comment

Originally posted by Retribution View Post

I just took delivery of a foldaway bed mechanism that i ordered from Canada , the goods cost me approx £170 and i had to pay a further £44 at the door when delivered . I could only pay cash and if not then they would not let me have it. I did not know i would have to pay the import tax so it all came as a bit of a suprise , still , all done and dusted now and a little bit wiser about buying from abroad.

Comment

you'll get charged import duty and handling fee, then vat on that total.
                4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

The misses ordered some bits for baby lurch out of a little book, the address we had to send order form and cheque off to were in this country, had part of order
                  and noticed that it came from down under, did not think anything of it till we had a note put through door by our postie telling us there was a package down the post office to collect that had to have vat paid on it before we could have it . We was well cheesed off and wont be using them again , would not have minded if they had told us but there was no indication that it was coming from there......................... ...........
                  Working at last.......

Comment

Typical init, well it's on way to delivery hub so i should find out tomorrow with luck.
                    Customs site was a waste of time and all u see is + and = all gong to the ###### man why not give it to a charity i wouldn't mind so much then

And it was a top gun leather jacket i bought link here, i went with the black version pic 10 and 11

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=its%3DS%252BI

Comment

v nice......will def look good in the 3rd gen

Comment

does yer 'wingman' have one?
                        Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
                          does yer 'wingman' have one?
                          No i fly alone

Saying that i have been trying to see if my 3rd gen can fly over the railroad crossing

Comment

Gotta have the topgun tune at full blast with the windows down to attempt that kind of stunt
                            Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
                              Gotta have the topgun tune at full blast with the windows down to attempt that kind of stunt

Check will sort that out for future refs

Does that include the rear window that drops down very nicely

I want to do my bike license b4 sept due to rules changing

Comment

Working...
                              X