X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

voyager v zafira =
    Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

I had a Zafira as a hire car after my last car was written off (also rear ended, I've been hit from behind five times, three were writeoffs) the Zaphira really doesn't have much boot compared to a galaxy. I do really like grand voyagers, but they are really pricey. I just don't have that kind of cash.

Comment

Originally posted by Snorkel View Post
        Man the odds are so much in your favour!!

Absolutely!!!! I knew a guy who got £3k once for nothing! bet that'd sure help out - would just have to wear a collar about for a week or two lol.
        Also I knocked (grazed!) someone once, and they claimed whiplash - even though the dent was less than I could have done with my fist!
        have him, have him, have him I say. Insurance companies just play games and do deals with each other, and will get away with whatever they can - most of the time it works too. It's just circumstancial - would have been different if someone had died I bet. Insurers would have been moving their ass then.
        This is the main reason why eveyone's insurance premiums go up each year!!

It's the compensation culture that we all now live in.

Comment

Originally posted by Medieval Dave View Post
          I had a Zafira as a hire car after my last car was written off (also rear ended, I've been hit from behind five times, three were writeoffs) the Zaphira really doesn't have much boot compared to a galaxy. I do really like grand voyagers, but they are really pricey. I just don't have that kind of cash.
          if u gotta go down that route get the seat,vw engine but cheaper,if i had to get sumthin that size id get the mazda bongo lol,i love that name,also known as ford freida!

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
            if u gotta go down that route get the seat,vw engine but cheaper,if i had to get sumthin that size id get the mazda bongo lol,i love that name,also known as ford freida!
            Wasn't she in ABBA?

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
              Dave is a honest, nice guy, not some backstabbing weasel.
              Well said Tony!

The more people claim for fictional injuries, the longer we'll have to put up with the slimy 'where there's blame there's a claim' tw@ts who accost people in city main streets looking for business, and over-inflated insurance premiums.

Bummer about the truck though mate.
              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

I had a look at Bongos a while back. the non camper one (solid top) is a really nice people carrier. then I looked on the bongo owners website. officaly 6000 mile services, but apparently they like an oil change at 3000! I do about 30,000 a year. I can't be doing 10 services. It's probably to big for the missus anyway, and I doubt the MPG is much better than the surf.

WHo knows. last time i went out shopping for vectra estate and came back with the surf.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                  Bummer about the truck though mate.
                  Cheers Chap.

anyway, It was a nice truck, but when all's said and done, it was just a truck. I've known people killed and badly hurt, or hurt someone else.

I'm just glad it wasn't an 18 wheeler ran up the back of me.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
                    weasel.
                    Somebody call ??????

There's always a payback .... Ya just never see it Comin !!!!
                    Buncefield Burner

Comment

Good attitude mate. No real harm done. Be thankful.
                      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Do NOT admit to pulling out in front of him!!!! A vehicle should never be going fast enough not to be able to stop within a safe distance of whatever is in front - NO EXCUSES.

Dave sort of said he pulled out into spray

Are you actually saying what you've posted????? NO EXCUSES????

Really strange attitude, dude.
                        Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

if you managed to pull out in front of him, and drive as far as so you are facing the same way he was, then he was obviously going way to fast, and too fast to stop.

someone pulled out in front of me in my bmw i had, it was a wet morning and i was going over the speed limit. the person didnt look, and just plain pulled out in front of me, but by the time i hit him he was directly in front of me.

i only just touched his bumper, as because i was going round a bend, i locked up and the curb ruined my alloys and front suspension and slowed me down.

tbh i was glad not to hurt anyone, and although he pulled out in front of me, and admitted it, i didnt contact insurance and i told him i was going over the speed limit and im sorry i scratched his crappy old rover back bumper. the new tiny knee type graze blended in with the rest of them. but it was my fault anyway, and i learnt my lesson. i got a surf that dont go that fast lol
                          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by Medieval Dave View Post
                            I had a look at Bongos a while back. .
                            yes they are really nice mate!
                            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

yeah - sometimes I get peed off with all the claims too. Pee's me off when people claim, but then when it's a friend etc I kinda go the other way and think, heck why not. I don't know - maybe it's just double standards. I don't think it makes me a bad person, I just don't like people 'I know' getting screwed when others get away with it.

and yes, I don't think there are any excuses for ramming someone up the arse (at least not many). If there's spray on the road, then you should slow down accordingly, if you go round a tight bend - you should slow down accordingly. I've gone round plenty of corners where if a broken down car happened to literaly be just round it, I would of gone right into the back of it (perhaps even when only doing 10-15mph). If you can only see 20ft, you should be able to stop in 20 ft. I generally slow down if I'm coming up to a junction where traffic is likely to enter the stream, and if on a duel carriage way I pull over in to the other lane. So I don't think it's a strange attitude, why would it be?

edit: 'no excuses' - I don't mean to be taken totally literaly, but there really would be so few excuses that I believe no excuses is fine to use in the circumstances.
                              Last edited by Snorkel; 28 March 2008, 09:17.
                              Live like ur gonna die, because ur gonna

Comment

Yeah, if you went to the pigs, they'd say the car behind is at fault. But, in the circumstances, you pulled out, he was speeding, you share the blame, you share the costs.

Admirable attitude Dave and one I would like to think I'd have in the same circumstances.

Bummer about the truck, sorry to hear it. A Zafira or an Alhambra wouldn't be a bad choice. Avoid Voyagers unless you want to kill yourself, your kids and whoever you hit in Tescos car park.

Don't forget about the MG.......oh forget it

Comment

Working...
                                X