wheel carrier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wheel carrier

rear wheel carrier--- does anyone know how to take it apart as mine is very stiff to open, tried lubing it but only lasts a few weeks so thought as i have the time at the mo i would strip it down and clean the joints out proper,
    cheers
    Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Mate wish mine was like that. Mine rattles like mad. There are two grease holes on the hinges, i used a needless syringe to inject greese into them it helped mine a bit. It might loosen yours up. I dont think they can be stripped down unless your wanting to drill out the hinges and replace them with some long bolts n stuff.

Colin
    SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

no grease holes on mine as far as i can see!

Comment

i love this site
        just had a good look and yes you are right there are grease holes,under the mud
        cleaned out and greased up all ok now
        cheers for the info
        john

Comment

where are the grease holes??? as mine is well stiff ......ooooooh matron
          Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by joker?? View Post
            where are the grease holes??? as mine is well stiff ......ooooooh matron
            if its the same as a 3 gen, swing open the carrier look at hinge area that was hidden when closed and half way between the top and bottom of each hinge there is a small hole clean and pump with grease( i have a manitou bicycle fork grease gun) using a syringe good luck
            john

Comment

cheers for the info , it is a turd gen , bought one at the weekend
              Last edited by joker??; 26 March 2008, 21:14.
              Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by mud skipper View Post
                i love this site
                just had a good look and yes you are right there are grease holes,under the mud
                cleaned out and greased up all ok now
                cheers for the info
                john
                Just found this thread. Looks like I can now get my spare wheel carrier working again.

Cheers!

Woodylovestosurf

Comment

search button works
                  that was back in march 08, this must be an annual thing as mine needs doing again as it gone all STIFF.....................

Comment

can you fit a wheel carrier easy???????? just got a lpg 4 runner and the spare is now in the boot???????

Comment

Working...
                    X