Can i use Multigrade Oil 15w-40,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can i use Multigrade Oil 15w-40,

I’ve managed to get my hands on a 20litre tub of 15w-40 multigrade Chevron oil, it has no mention on it that it is suitable for diesel cars so my question is could I use this in the surf, I am currently using 10w-40 full synthetic which cost £40, the multigrade was free?? and what is multigrade??
    Roy
    When ya stop having fun, Ya start getting old

Originally posted by roylittle0 View Post
    I’ve managed to get my hands on a 20litre tub of 15w-40 multigrade Chevron oil, it has no mention on it that it is suitable for diesel cars so my question is could I use this in the surf, I am currently using 10w-40 full synthetic which cost £40, the multigrade was free?? and what is multigrade??
    Mate, i wouldnt, if it dont say its for diesel then leave alone. I would use semi synthetic coma 15w 40 is good. or just a straight mineral oil thats wot the surf were first given to drink.
    SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

multigrade is the 15w-40 bit...

don't really get single grade oils for cars these days
      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man View Post
        multigrade is the 15w-40 bit...

don't really get single grade oils for cars these days
        You can get it for vintage cars, but I think you need to change it with the seasons/temperature, so nowerdays that would be three times a week
        Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

I would have thought it'll be fine in the summer. Might be a bit cold for it at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
            I would have thought it'll be fine in the summer. Might be a bit cold for it at the moment.
            Yes filled the gearbox up at the weekend and it was to cold for that as well
            Roy
            When ya stop having fun, Ya start getting old

Comment

Working...
            X