yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There are times when I do wonder about Hippo !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There are times when I do wonder about Hippo !

Madam is booked in today at a local garage for service & MOT.

So what happens this morning, she refused to start, think 1 of the batteries may have developed a loose lead

Now a question for you all, I was thinking of getting one of those jump start packs, can I get away with a 900amp beast, bearing in mind that it appears that she is trying to start on 1 battery ?

Trev
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

you might well get away with it 90% of the time, but it'll be on that cold dark morning where you really need it that it'll decide not to be quite enough. I'd forget to charge the friggin thing though and it'd sit in the back of the truck for months then be flat when i needed it.

I bought a mains one for about 55quid, no internal battery to jump start out and about, but works for starting a dead battery on the driveway.

Have you thought about a leisure battery and split charge system and a set of long jump leads - means you have an auxillary power source to run stuff off without flattening the starter battery when you're away - and a constantly charged jump pack sitting in the boot the rest of the time. OK you might get funny looks opening the boot and plugging your jumpleads in the back then connecting the other end up to your own battery under your bonnet, but it works a treat.
    =========
    =SOLD UP!=
    =========

Comment

After all that she waltzed through, clearing emissions on first pass with 1.27

She got advisories from the garage for brake pads and shoes, but not on MOT itself

Phew I can relax for another 12 month
      Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Working...
      X