Anybody got a filter idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody got a filter idea

I just secured myself a source of used veg oil now i got to go through and filter it out...First i used a jeyes cloth in a funnel after 10mins of waiting for it to drain down for the first time i gave up...Now i have nicked a pair of the ole boilers tights that she was throwing away and cable tied it into the neck of the container...Thats a lot better but now there is so much debri in the oil even the tights are struggling....Any body got some ideas cos so far i have only managed to filter a gallon and i got anothr 10 to go...
    Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

have you tried a pillow case yet Mark
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

I have a 10" filter housing with pressure gauge with a 300 micron washable filter.
      Then through the same set up on a 50 micron washable
      then again at 10 micron which only come in disposable.

The gauge lets me know when filter is getting block, I use a drill pump for moving oil through the filters

I will post some pics of the set up over the weekend as Im stuck on backshift this week mate.

Edit set up cost about £60 with disposable filters coming in at £1.90 they wil handle around 100 ltrs
      Brian

Comment

not yet but with the amount of debri i have in this oil i think even that would struggle but im now going to go looking for a bigger funnel me finks the sort they use to fill light aircraft with with its own micro filter....i just need to get back in the daylight to go looking round a farm supplier for some bits and bobs. im thinking of going through the lines of having a hopper that i can dump it all in and just go and have mug of tea or three and leave it to it..
        Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Comment

im interested to see ur setup aswell as im hoping to be filtering my own oil once i get a head back on my surf
          Surfin on the tidal waves of mud!

Comment

I guess that, in U.K., you don't get much sun but have you tried woven shadecloth, used as a cover for greenhouses etc?. In Australia we get it from about 60% shading effect up to 95% shading, and that shading is determined by the size of the holes in the weave. You can often get offcuts from suppliers (plant nurseries, hardware places) and can try various weaves until you filter your oil to whatever you need, before putting it through a finer filter (like a trouser leg from a tracksuit).

Comment

We don't get the sun here 'till June.

Folk in Scotland with blue skin are considered tanned.

Comment

Working...
              X