What a Weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a Weekend

Well spent 2 whole days of the weekend on my back under the Surf, Replaced the old duel mass flywheel for a solid one and complete clutch kit, replaced the oil in the transfer case, gearbox (aint that easy to fill up!!) both diffs, greased all grease points (and they needed it) sprayed every nut and bolt i could find with WD40, like to keep um lubed, fitte 4 new wheels and AT tyres (secondhand £70 eBay) cleaned out the brakes front and rear, replaced lots of bolts that someone forgot to refit last time it was serviced (two missing from the gearbox) (i have new spare gearbox bolts and tap M10 & M12 fine, if anyone needs them) replaced all filters and rear crank seal, fitted underslung spare wheel carrier, unfortunaterly i think i've got the wrong one as when i try to lift the spare it catches on the winding handle and traps it, or am i missing spacers?? think thats about it untill next weekend (Roof rails if weather permits)

Many thanks to the Forum, without your help i'd still be trying to get the oil filter out.
    Roy
    When ya stop having fun, Ya start getting old

Originally posted by roylittle0 View Post
    Well spent 2 whole days of the weekend on my back under the Surf, Replaced the old duel mass flywheel for a solid one and complete clutch kit, replaced the oil in the transfer case, gearbox (aint that easy to fill up!!) both diffs, greased all grease points (and they needed it) sprayed every nut and bolt i could find with WD40, like to keep um lubed, fitte 4 new wheels and AT tyres (secondhand £70 eBay) cleaned out the brakes front and rear, replaced lots of bolts that someone forgot to refit last time it was serviced (two missing from the gearbox) (i have new spare gearbox bolts and tap M10 & M12 fine, if anyone needs them) replaced all filters and rear crank seal, fitted underslung spare wheel carrier, unfortunaterly i think i've got the wrong one as when i try to lift the spare it catches on the winding handle and traps it, or am i missing spacers?? think thats about it untill next weekend (Roof rails if weather permits)

Many thanks to the Forum, without your help i'd still be trying to get the oil filter out.
    you aint gonna believe this, spent 2 hours on the phone trying to locate an m12 fine tap for the clutch fork pivot , ended up welding a ball to a 10 metric never mind, looks like you done a lot of work the week end, i never use wd40 it washes oil of i think its water based, i use a big oil spray and spray everey thing in sight including me self
    Last edited by lord lucan; 24 March 2008, 17:43.
    JAP4X4PART ¬ THE BIGGEST SURF BREAKER IN THE UK ¬

Comment

What i didn't say is that i've spent then 2 days in the cold wet and snow, on the drive, no garage or shelter, its been a cold un,

I prefer WD40 as it washes out of your eyes and hair easier and i have about 2 cans that i was given, tried wire rope spray oil but it drips every where, in enough trouble as the wind caught the oil when i was draining the engine (thick black oil) and the cat walked through it, into the house, up the spairs and went to sleep on the daughters bed
      Roy

Comment

Who got the job of washing the oil out of the cat
        Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by roylittle0 View Post
          What i didn't say is that i've spent then 2 days in the cold wet and snow, on the drive, no garage or shelter, its been a cold un,

I prefer WD40 as it washes out of your eyes and hair easier and i have about 2 cans that i was given, tried wire rope spray oil but it drips every where, in enough trouble as the wind caught the oil when i was draining the engine (thick black oil) and the cat walked through it, into the house, up the spairs and went to sleep on the daughters bed
          see if you had used fish oil the cat would still be under your truck licking the sump, what you doing puting wd in yer hair for!
          JAP4X4PART ¬ THE BIGGEST SURF BREAKER IN THE UK ¬

Comment

Hmmmm, funny thing about it is when the cats were little one of them fell in a full drip tray of dirty oil and that took two of us to hold the cat down in a sink full of fairy liquid and a bit of water to get it clean, it took a few weeks for the cats coat to stop standing on end and my scratched hands to recover.

Lukily it was only one foot and the oil was soaked up on the carpet and bed, Hehehehehe
            Roy

Comment

Originally posted by lord lucan View Post
              what you doing puting wd in yer hair for!
              It washes out the waxoil
              Roy

Comment

Cats like a BATH
                Attached Files
                (\__/)
                (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                (")_(")

Comment

I had a good start to the day and then it went down hill.......

Went to see stein and the beast of a pick-up......all went well till i got in the car to leave .......i split the back of my jeans (too much toxic wind)

so didn't go to weymouth , had to find somewhere to buy a new pair of jeans ........
                  ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Originally posted by BioHazzard View Post
                    (too much toxic wind)
                    Too much information more like
                    Last edited by roylittle0; 24 March 2008, 19:24.
                    Roy

Comment

busy weekend mate, job well done.
                      Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by marky View Post
                        Cats like a BATH
                        I'm looking at your second picture and 1 phrase comes to mind - be afraid, be VERY afraid !!!

That is one seriously hacked off moggy !!!!
                        Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Working...
                        X