No announcement yet.

Very Very Very Sad Day For Me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh mate that's pants - Don't know what to say........
    How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

Well Carl as said in the txt mate,some things take priority and sometimes sacrifices have to be made. You'll be back with a Surf in no time

Possibly one of those high tech 3.0lt things........................ .You could do hair cuts instead of windows. If you ever miss tinkering with the Surf you could come down here for a weekend and pimp ma ride!!!!

Only a phone call away mate

Wonder if i'll be able to catch up with the post whore now!!!!!!!!!
      www.scottishmudclub.com for scottish events

Comment

Hi Carl, decided to give the forum a rest for a couple of days and couldn't believe it when I came back and read this thread.

It must be extremely hard for you to sell your Surf after the amount of time and care you have taken to transform it into a truly 'presonalised' vehicle.

In my opinion at £1750 it will be a tremendous bargain for someone.

Good luck in your new ventures and I hope you can return to being a Surf owner again very soon.
        'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Carl, that must be a killer. Incidentally, I haven't got off my arse and gone to the post office yet if you're wondering why your PM is unanswered.....

If you're looking at A4 Avants, may I take this opportunity to point out that there is a CDTi MG ZT-T (or Rover 75) available. Every bit as good as an Audi and much much cheaper. Parts are all available now and the diesel's a BMW unit anyway. I am that pleased with mine that I think everyone (who doesn't have a surf) should have one.

Comment

Hehehe, i can see your logic, but i have just purchased an Audi A4 1998 TDI Quattro 88,600 miles full history. Very happy with the £900 i paid. Just also purchased a set of 18 inch RS4 alloys to put on her.

Well when you pick it up i hope you find itr ok
            Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Originally posted by Growler View Post
              Carl this truly sucks, I know from what little conversation we have had how much fun you've had and what the Surf means to you.

I can fully sympathise with you on the high mileage aspect as my recent job change has seen me put over 2500 miles on my surf in the last 3 weeks, and i am struggling to hang on to it myself. Suppose the saving grace is that i can claim up to 15p per mile for my works travel, but this is still costing me personally.

I don't know what size of car you will need mate but i have been looking at the Renault Clio 1.5 DCi, only £35 a year tax and around 65-70 mpg on motorway runs.

keep your chin up and carry on smiling mate You will soon be back in a Surf once you get things sorted out for yourself.

I'm gutted for anybody that has to let their Surf go and I'm truly thankful that we can run two motors !

Some of you may not be aware that if you're using your own car for business mileage you can claim tax relief on the difference between the amount you receive in mileage allowance and the R&C maximum. The current R&C figures are:

First 10,000 business miles pa - 40p per mile

Mileage in excess of 10,000 - 25p per mile

Look here

Hope this helps some of you - I'm looking at getting over £2k back off them this year and I STILL can't afford to do the lift and fit the 33's !!!!

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

aww carl thats pants mate !!
                i would say dont do it but i see you have got another motor already, so im a bit late.
                I f i was to get something more practical i would get a wee jimny , cheap tax , nearly 30 mpg , capable off roader as neil shows us. Then down the line put a derv motor under the hood , more power and more mpg!! Did i read correctly that your new german tank is a quattro ????
                At least its still a 4wd stick a set of muds on it and lift it!!
                Scottish mud club

Comment

Originally posted by Predictable Bob View Post

I'm gutted for anybody that has to let their Surf go and I'm truly thankful that we can run two motors !

Some of you may not be aware that if you're using your own car for business mileage you can claim tax relief on the difference between the amount you receive in mileage allowance and the R&C maximum. The current R&C figures are:

Look here

Hope this helps some of you - I'm looking at getting over £2k back off them this year and I STILL can't afford to do the lift and fit the 33's !!!!

Thanks for the extra info Bob, very usefull. Looks like i need to talk to the Tax man this year.

Fortunately i have managed to hang on to the surf this year, but it has had to be relegated to my weekend toy now managed to pick up a low mileage Clio fairly cheap so didn't need to PX Growler as all other bills paid until next Feb D
                  Looks like the Little and Large show now

Just a shame that Carl couldn't have done the same

Comment

Stop parking them on next door's garden, they're getting cheesed off with it.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                      Stop parking them on next door's garden, they're getting cheesed off with it.
                      It's the nearest I can get to taking the Clio Off Road

Comment

I have other reasons for gettin rid of the surf, the costs arent really a problem, the time and maintenance is because of my situation, plus i did need to lift a bit of cash out of her aswell.
                        Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

your the same guy
                          just a differant car
                          am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Originally posted by JUDWAK View Post
                            your the same guy
                            just a differant car
                            Absolutely! Oh BTW Judwalk I appreciate your comments up to now,Thanks. I see youve posted a couple times in shock I know i have done so much work to her, I mean hours and hours and £'s and £'s but she will still be in commission as the offroader i designed her to be.

The audi is proving a wonderful car to drive and the cab is a nice place to be. Feels like im sat on the tarmac though in comparison

Saturday she goes away and i will no doubt shed a tear or 2.
                            Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Originally posted by Predictable Bob View Post

Look here

So does this mean that, because i do 60 miles a day in my own car going to and from a permanent place of work, i can claim money back for it.
                              Working at last.......

Comment

Originally posted by LURCH View Post
                                So does this mean that, because i do 60 miles a day in my own car going to and from a permanent place of work, i can claim money back for it.
                                Only if your self employed. But if you change to that (simple method its called) You have to stay with it. And you must record exactly your mileage in relation to work, if there are any estimates they wont acknowledge them
                                Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Working...
                                X