Very Very Very Sad Day For Me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very Very Very Sad Day For Me

It is with much tears and pain that i have to tell you all that I have to sell my Surf!!!!!! This is not a joke!!!!! My work situation has changed and i am doing tons of miles and cant afford to get another car on top of so has to be instead of.

Most of you know the time, money, and care I have put into my surf, and no doubt can understand that i am extremely cut up about this decision.

She has given me so much joy and has never let me down, and would continue to be the same for whoever her new owner is. I wanted all you to have first refusal to her as i need her to go to a good home where i can track her progress and see her online from time to time.

A for sale add will be going up this afternoon some time, and payment will be made to the forum to cover cost of the ad.

So if anyone has any sensible offers for my truck I will gladly consider them. I have done tons of work, spent money and lifted her quite high, and she does really well offroad on her 33's, full list of mods will be posted with the ad.

Sorry to the mods for this seaming like an advertisement, but money will be paid and forsale section ad will be placed later on.

Kind words and reassurance would be welcomed just now too.
    Without Surf And Unhappy

sorry that you got to get rid of the truck Carl.can't you trade the wife and her car in for some fuel or something

A surf is for life not just off roading
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Sorry to hear of you loss to come

Don't forget to stay in touch on here and I hope that you'll soon be back with another truck
      My other cars a QUAD
      (sv1000spilot on surf forums)
      http://www.devonandcornwall4x4response.co.uk/index

Comment

Thanks guys, its a recent happening that has forced my hand, i cant go into it. Needless to say the surf is fine, its just my work situation aswell, im doing 600 miles a week soon, and they will need to be fast and relatively cheap to do.
        Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Mate,

What can i say?!? It is gutting that you have to let it go!! Im sorry to hear that it needs to go, i hope the decision is for the better for you an your family an that in time you'll be able to come back to owning a Surf!!

I have no doubt that you'll hang around here!! An you'll be welcome bud!

I'd offer to buy it an just keep it around till things change - but im out of room!! My cousin wants one but hes only 16 at the moment an is as such - skint!

Sorry bud.

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
            Mate,

What can i say?!? It is gutting that you have to let it go!! Im sorry to hear that it needs to go, i hope the decision is for the better for you an your family an that in time you'll be able to come back to owning a Surf!!

I have no doubt that you'll hang around here!! An you'll be welcome bud!

I'd offer to buy it an just keep it around till things change - but im out of room!! My cousin wants one but hes only 16 at the moment an is as such - skint!

Sorry bud.
            Yeah cheers mate, im trying to look for a small 4x4 instead that hopefully will be man enough for surf terrain, and i will be on here as usual, ive learned alot and want to share what i have learned with noobs and the like.

Also maybe consider a part-x with a small diesel car etc.
            Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Suzuki Samurai? (is a samurai a model name? or am i confused?)

not too expensive, easy to mod an damn near unstopable!! seen a youtube vid of one climbing an almost vertical wall!!!

Comment

###### hell mate. Gutted...
                Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

I know its crap but it is ESSENTIAL. Im looking at audi a4 avant TDI's just now
                  Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

sorry to hear things aint worked out carl but pop onto site now and again ,
                    sorry to see you go mate, how about a jimny ?? there reasonable prices nowdays @ very good offroad ,
                    later on your be back with maybe a turd gen
                    Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by joker?? View Post
                      sorry to hear things aint worked out carl but pop onto site now and again ,
                      sorry to see you go mate, how about a jimny ?? there reasonable prices nowdays @ very good offroad ,
                      later on your be back with maybe a turd gen
                      what mpg out of jimneys?
                      Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

urban 28 mpg extra urban 42mpg
                        Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Sorry to hear of your impending loss Carl, you are young enough to be able to start again in a few years with a new surf, although nothing can come close to a first love.

Commiserations, but keep your chin up and work towards your next goal.
                          Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

gutted for you mate we've all seen a lot of work go into that truck over the last few months.

- Dare i suggest an LPG'd disco or range rover? plenty about at the moment. or a vitara diesel conversion?
                            =========
                            =SOLD UP!=
                            =========

Comment

Originally posted by nero279 View Post
                              - Dare i suggest an LPG'd disco or range rover? plenty about at the moment. or a vitara diesel conversion?

Actually mate - i think that could be a half decent choice!

My 300TDI was a total gem on motorways an roads. by far the most comfortable car ive ever driven. It just eats motorway miles - did over 300 in a day just because it went!

Im not sure what the V8 with LPG is cabable of mpg wise but my Disco was returning 30 odd an on motorways it was 40+

Massive fuel tank with a tiny guage too! So you dont feel bad driving cuz the needle never really moves.... the surf one just plummets!!

Comment

Working...
                              X