Bike Safety

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bike Safety

Going to have to start to commute to work by peddle power!! has anyone used any good bike lights or reflective kit that they thought was good value for money and made you as visible as possible to other commuters?

Cheers
    Mark

Last time i rode one it had a big wheel on the front and a little'un on the back, and i wore a bowler hat

Load of stuff on the market now, flashing led lights for the bick and your helmit, plus reflective stuff to wear,
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Get yourself a Hi Viz waistcoat thingy with the 3M scothlite reflective strips, they stand out a mile off.

The cateye LED lights are very good, they're a little expensive but TBH its not worth skimping on your own safety.

Remember to keep well out in the road otherwise drivers overtake too close (its called riding primary position.) Don't feel intimidated by cars, just remember that you're ther by right, they're only there by license

Enjoy it its the best way to get about !!!

Cheers

Chris

edit: I can put you onto some really good cycling forums where you can get loads of good advice and tips, pm if interested but I will be away for the weekend so won't reply 'till next Week.
      Signature stolen along with Surf...

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
        Last time i rode one it had a big wheel on the front and a little'un on the back, and i wore a bowler hat

Load of stuff on the market now, flashing led lights for the bick and your helmit, plus reflective stuff to wear,

wow you that old!!!! do you remember the dinosaurs to????

Comment

by far the safest way to take the bike to work...

just watch out for height bars and underground carparks

...and it doesn't do anything for your fuel economy either

...seriously dude be careful out there the roads a dangerous place....

...and look out for dirty great gas guzzling 4x4s the bull bars on them things are much safer to grab on to for a tow than boy racer nova spoilers or repmobile bmw aerials
          =========
          =SOLD UP!=
          =========

Comment

best way to be safe is not to use a bike

i only passed my test 4 years ago
            i had a bike up intill then (20 years or so)
            it dont matter how safe you are its the drivers out there with no sence at all
            a driver needs to have road bike sence to make them a safer driver

most drivers have no clue what its like on a push iron or motobike
            makes it very unsafe to be a biker in any sence

the main road were i live has just had a young girl killed by a lorry
            the lorry hit her into on coming traffic where she was hit again by a car
            sad thing is
            if only all drivers had an insight into what it is like on a bike this world would be a safer place for bikers

be realy carfull dude its unsafe for bikes
            am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Do not wear any high viz stuff. It gives car drivers something to aim at, it's called target fixation. You need to be in stealth mode i.e. all black. If they can't see you they can't hit you.

You also look like a road sweeper in high viz. Black looks so much better.

Comment

Invest in a good pair of steel toe cap boots good for kickin the bmw that will think he has priority on the road and force you into the gutter... a good swift kick in the side soon makes the move out....

Screwfix do Hi vz vest and hi viz waterproof trousers
                Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Comment

Working...
                X