@ Apache,Tony N, Stien ect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @ Apache,Tony N, Stien ect

Guys can I have your thoughts on this lads.
    And anyone else who use their truck hard off road or has this mod done.

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...514#post426514
    Brian

I personally haven't done it, and after giving it some thought when mr N mentioned it some time back I decided against it because :-

1) The kind of offroading I do doesn't see me getting stuck very often, and I'm not that keen on pay and play 'get stuck for the sake of it' offroading.

2) Its a bit permanent.

3) I have 'old duffer' style memory. Sooner or later, I WILL forget to unlock the hubs and will destroy something expensive.

However, it does seem to be a free way of getting a locking front diff it your preference is for the kind of offroading where getting stuck is a likely fact of life.
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Can you get an LSD for the front?

Comment

Not heard of them as a standard part. I have an LSD rear diff, and Surfs were supplied with standard and LSD rears so its not to say that they dont exist...

Comment

personaly i think its a good idea,i cant think of a problem as long as you have manual locking hubs.and only use 4wd on really rough soft terrain,ie where you are gonna get a lot of slip.its worth trying i suppose.but there is bound to be a draw back somewhere,but my head is in the clouds at the mo and i cant think straight,so much to do so little time.i wil propably think of something in a day or two that rings bells.
          www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein View Post
            personaly i think its a good idea,i cant think of a problem as long as you have manual locking hubs.
            And remember to disengage them!

I forget to engage them all the time! Its only a matter of time until I forget to disengage them. At the mo, the worst that can happen is I wear a CV boot excessively With a welded diff, someone with my seive like memory will go through drivetrain mechanicals like Kate Moss goes through pharmaceuticals.

Comment

personaly i think its a good idea,i cant think of a problem as long as you have manual locking hubs.and only use 4wd on really rough soft terrain,ie where you are gonna get a lot of slip.its worth trying i suppose.but there is bound to be a draw back somewhere,but my head is in the clouds at the mo and i cant think straight,so much to do so little time.i wil propably think of something in a day or two that rings bells.

Quasimodo?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                Quasimodo?
                ..i have though of one thing and that is you will propably need a heavy duty steering damper.
                www.overfab.uk

Comment

..i have though of one thing and that is you will propably need a heavy duty steering damper.
                  Or arms like Arnie !!!!

There's always a Payback .... Ya just never see it Comin !!!!
                  Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                    Not heard of them as a standard part. I have an LSD rear diff, and Surfs were supplied with standard and LSD rears so its not to say that they dont exist...
                    Whats the Diff code on yours Andy G295?
                    Carl let me know of one that was going, but it's a G145.
                    4.875 I need a 4.1
                    Brian

Comment

Dunno, will have a look for you later. It's on the VIN plate isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                        Dunno, will have a look for you later. It's on the VIN plate isn't it?

Yep mate Im just wondering if all the 3.0 are the same G294 or the LSD G295
                        Brian

Comment

My black 3l is G294 aswell....
                          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Well if you ever pull a G295 out one of your breakers Richard I would be very interested mate. I will even take it if it came out a black truck
                            Brian

Comment

Oh god... nowe its darlk and I'm druinlk and I dint lookn at the dif!!

I love My Scottish brotherts

<edit> In a manly drinkihg buddy way

Comment

Working...
                              X