Kit car......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
    Andy dont apologise for an opinion the guy posted a pic you think it's sh it.
    If we use the forum on a "if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing" basis.
    It would be boring.
    i agree with you as long as it don't get out of hand.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Andy dont apologise for an opinion the guy posted a pic you think it's sh it.
      If we use the forum on a "if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing" basis.
      It would be boring.
      Nope don't agree. Big difference between an opinion, no matter how strong, and being rude / offensive. Nobody wants a sterile forum, that would be pointless.

But, 'Nah, mate I don't like those Dutton things they're damn ugly in my opion', is a bit different from, 'biggest plie of poo to grace our roads', evidently the bloke who posted the thread likes 'em.

We're all entitled to our opinions on here, it would be pretty bluddy boring if we all agrred on the same thing, but I've noticed of late that some people are posting more 'personal', rather than generic, comments.

Course that's just my opinion, which I'm entitled to!

English And Proud Of It!
      'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

They are dam ugly thou aren't they
        Brian

Comment

I was going to say that.

Scorpion, I still can't find any examples of Albannach being rude to people. Are you sure you're not confusing him with Yoshie? D

Comment

They were very cheap though, compared to a Westie or Caterham - and you tend to get what you pay for. Personally, I like the Westfield best. Saw one at Prescott hillclimb a few years ago, for sale at £26k. Nearly all aluminium and raw carbon fibre with twin Hayabusa engines. To say it was fast would be like saying Jessica Alba is ok looking and has a reasonably nice body.

He actually flipped it on a hairpin bend while I was there, destroying it totally! Bang goes his £26k!

<edit> I seem to recall at the same meeting, a brand new Exige was totalled, and some one off coachbuilt Ferrari ripped its side off on some Armco.
            Last edited by Apache; 20 March 2008, 16:41.
            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Yep!

English And Proud Of It!

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
                I was going to say that.

Scorpion, I still can't find any examples of Albannach being rude to people. Are you sure you're not confusing him with Yoshie?
                The rude comment was used as a generic term for some of the posts / replies that have appeared by some members over the last few months, never intended as a direct comment about Albannach mate.

Don't want to start any heated arguments so I'll just leave it at that.

English And Proud Of It!

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                  I always think cars are like women, it's all down to taste.

That Dutton Phaeton thing is the most disgusting pile of poo to have graced our roads, I hate them with a passion. The only saving grace of this particular one is the V8 and Cherry Bombs.

Sorry if I offend
                  Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
                  Don't worry, it seems to be something of a habit with you.

English And Proud Of It!
                  Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
                  The rude comment was used as a generic term for some of the posts / replies that have appeared by some members over the last few months, never intended as a direct comment about Albannach mate.

Don't want to start any heated arguments so I'll just leave it at that.

English And Proud Of It!
                  It wasn't generic, it was directed at me. You quoted me and said offending was a habit of mine.

I too don't want to start any heated arguements, so will also leave it be.
                  Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Yep, dog ugly but dirt cheap.
                    I sold that car as it was in those pics for £1800, so bang for buck it was fantastic.
                    If money was no object, and bear in mind I was 21 on apprentice wages, then of course I would have owned something more modern, lighter, better looking etc. But as it was I had a sub 2 grand car that I made most of the bits for including the parts for the turbo conversion, it still turned heads, drew lots of attention at shows and showed pretty much every car on the road up. I never cleaned it and I drove it like I stole it.
                    It was a classic case of function over style and looking back I wouldnt change a thing.
                    Ebay search item 230357761354 !

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                      They were very cheap though, compared to a Westie or Caterham - and you tend to get what you pay for. Personally, I like the Westfield best. Saw one at Prescott hillclimb a few years ago, for sale at £26k. Nearly all aluminium and raw carbon fibre with twin Hayabusa engines. To say it was fast would be like saying Jessica Alba is ok looking and has a reasonably nice body.

He actually flipped it on a hairpin bend while I was there, destroying it totally! Bang goes his £26k!

<edit> I seem to recall at the same meeting, a brand new Exige was totalled, and some one off coachbuilt Ferrari ripped its side off on some Armco.

Jessica hmmmmmmmm

Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny77 View Post
                        Yep, dog ugly but dirt cheap.
                        I sold that car as it was in those pics for £1800, so bang for buck it was fantastic.
                        If money was no object, and bear in mind I was 21 on apprentice wages, then of course I would have owned something more modern, lighter, better looking etc. But as it was I had a sub 2 grand car that I made most of the bits for including the parts for the turbo conversion, it still turned heads, drew lots of attention at shows and showed pretty much every car on the road up. I never cleaned it and I drove it like I stole it.
                        It was a classic case of function over style and looking back I wouldnt change a thing.
                        And you are bang on the money! Priorities spot on! Ugly as sh1t, but goes like hot snot and embarrasses the sh1t out of percy-porsche!

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                          And you are bang on the money! Priorities spot on! Ugly as sh1t, but goes like hot snot and embarrasses the sh1t out of percy-porsche!
                          Where as Jessica is hot and Im ugly as sh1t but we would go like percy porsche given the chance
                          Brian

Comment

Jessica hmmmmmmmm

Yeah, she's allright isn't she? In an OK kinda way. Not as alright as our VERY OWN

Home grown totty!

Comment

I say Albannach and Scorpion have a fight!!! School yard style!
                              FIGHT!! FIGHT!!! FIGHT!!! FIGHT!!!

I've got £10 on Albannach anyone to tag my bet?
                              Member of the 115,000k club

Comment

No way maaan...

Feel the love!

Violence it makes no sense!

I love all of them!

Comment

Working...
                                X