hello boys Im back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hello boys Im back

some of you may remember me ,,,,,had a surf had to sell it and moved to france ,bought a lake etc etc,,,,any ways hows you all doing

Alright mate. Yeah I remember you! Well done for realising the dream!

You buying another Surf then?
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

hi eddy welcome back mate,long time no hear.
      www.overfab.uk

Comment

before my time, but welcome back to the flock
        Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

welcome back Eddy.Hows life in Franceland
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

good to see you m8 hope you aint to sick of them frogs legs lol

Comment

glad someone did i will ,,,nope have been looking for surfs and they is a bit thin on the ground out here, its the certificate of conformity thats the problem ,,a good few land cruisers tho.
              Im still chugging around in my hyundai galloper ,,(sorry to to the surfer fraternity) but all due's to it its been good to me .
              As for my dream it's ###### great lots of work to do but every day I get up and look out over my lake,, well need I say more .

Comment

Hahaha, yeah I remember the heart searching about the Galloper!

Get a 'Cruiser! Great truck, and you've still got 'cheap' fuel over there.

There's a bunch of us wheeling the Pyrenees next year... We'll have to drop in for vino, autolan, snails and other sh1t that you lot eat
                Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Well done mate Im glad to see you saw it through. Good luck for the future
                  Brian

Comment

thanks guys
                    makes me feel quite home sick with a welcome like that mmm( not really)
                    odd as it may seem not seen a frog leg or snail yet,,,all in good time,,, nah
                    great wine tho.

Comment

Hello mate glad ya got sorted in the End, it certainly was worth waiting for, by the sound of it ....

There's always a Payback .... Ya just never see it Comin !!!!
                      Buncefield Burner

Comment

Hi again, and welcome back ( to the forum, not the country)

Been looking at places over there myself for the last few years, but circumstances haven't worked out for me yet.
                        I don't want a big place, just a two bed place with a garden in a village/small town, but work is the problem.

Glad to see it's working out for you, what's the cost of living like over there?

As Apache said, there's a few of us driving across the Pyrenees ( West to East) next summer, so maybe we'll pop in
                        Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Hi Rob
                          I dont really think the cost of living is that much different maybe a bit better here although we dont pay road tax for starters and council tax is replaced by tax foncier and habitation tax about 400 euros a year. Mot lasts 2 years, derv about a £1 a gallon as for food some is cheap and some aint, so I guess all in all we are better off .Second hand cars are quite expensive but at the end of the day depends how you want to live average family better off with modest living.
                          One things for sure living here is better then the UK more layed back
                          2 hour lunch breaks is the norm for almost everyone,,,cant be bad can it

Comment

Great to here from you again and that all is going well.
                            We were over there last week, house hunting.
                            Found 3 crackers but need to sell ours first and then we'll be over with you.

Ken
                            [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][B][I][SIZE=3]When the going gets tough - Get out !!![/SIZE][/I][/B][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by gillcover View Post
                              Hi Rob
                              I dont really think the cost of living is that much different maybe a bit better here although we dont pay road tax for starters and council tax is replaced by tax foncier and habitation tax about 400 euros a year. Mot lasts 2 years, derv about a £1 a gallon as for food some is cheap and some aint, so I guess all in all we are better off .Second hand cars are quite expensive but at the end of the day depends how you want to live average family better off with modest living.
                              One things for sure living here is better then the UK more layed back
                              2 hour lunch breaks is the norm for almost everyone,,,cant be bad can it
                              A Gallon????
                              Brian

Comment

Working...
                              X