Sticker residue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sticker residue

Anyone got any tips for removing stubborn sticker residue without removing the paint under it?

Tried WD40, Evostik Adhesive Remover, Tar Remover, Acetone and Tolulene.
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Try using a hair dryer to warm it up then rub it off - or a caramel wheel....
    Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer View Post
      or a caramel wheel....
      A what?

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
        A what?
        One of these. You attach it to a drill and it works kind of like a high speed rubber to take the stickers off. Best bet is probably unleaded and a bit of elbow grease though.

Comment

Try 'sticker adhesive remover'. Available from RS, and probably print shops. Paint on, leave, wipe off. Easy.
          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

I always use BRASSO it removes sticker residue,tar, light scratches ect if your not sure to try it do it on somewere no one can see
            an old boy told me about it 30 years ago at a car auction and i thought he was nuts till I tried it

Comment

The stuff I've got is called 'Shift', made by Advance (the people who make various kinds of sticky tapes)

There's also other spray on types.

It's dead easy to use like I said. No buggering around with caramel wheels (if you just wanna get the adhesive off, not the decal) and all you need is a cloth and some water.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                Try 'sticker adhesive remover'. Available from RS, and probably print shops. Paint on, leave, wipe off. Easy.
                I'll have a scout round the print shops tomorrow. Don't most of them have Tolulene in them though?

I like the 'Paint on and leave for a bit' one, suggests it's not pure solvent.

Comment

petrol gets most sticky stuff off but as with most a t-cut and polish(sorry for swearing)is required afterwards as you will have removed all the wax in the vehicles paint.
                  meths is good aswell
                  BTW a warm panel is best
                  Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                    I'll have a scout round the print shops tomorrow. Don't most of them have Tolulene in them though?

I like the 'Paint on and leave for a bit' one, suggests it's not pure solvent.
                    if u have tried tar and glue remover,and used it properly,and it doesnt budge,u have probs lol,just a guess but yr not trying to get rid of the sticker marks from wind deflectors are u??if so it doesnt come off,the glue in the reacts with paint,most jap cars are same for that

Comment

Cant have Toluene in it, doesn't require COSHH assessment.

Comment

when i bought my surf, it was signwritten, i used professional panel prep to remove the resedue. it works a treat, problem is you have to buy it in 5 ltr tins. I still use it to remove all kinds of things from the paintwork, tar, small children, etc.
                        私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

This is similar to what I use.

http://www.housemakers.co.uk/epages/...FQweQgodiHy3-w

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
                            if u have tried tar and glue remover,and used it properly,and it doesnt budge,u have probs lol,just a guess but yr not trying to get rid of the sticker marks from wind deflectors are u??if so it doesnt come off,the glue in the reacts with paint,most jap cars are same for that
                            I've not moved on to them yet, it's the wee surf stickers on the back door I'm on just now.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                              Cant have Toluene in it, doesn't require COSHH assessment.
                              Tolulene & Acetone

Comment

Working...
                              X