Window Glass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Window Glass

last year when i went off road and got muddy there was sand in the dirt, and when i undone the window the sand scratched the glass a little bit.

can i get something to take out the scratches and make it smooth again or do i need to replace the glass?
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

I'd be interested in the answer. I have the same problem.
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

I have the same problem on mine!! i was thinking of trying some of this stuff!!

http://www.glasspolishshop.com/produ...8a2252679ad395

Comment

The company that I bought my metal polishing kit off for all the alloy bits on the supra engine do a "perfect glass polishing kit" for just that - although I am not sure how modern glass works with it, don't they have layers and coatings on them?

www.perfectpolishingkits.co.uk

Lovely little company!
        More Lift.
        More Tyres.
        More Engine.

Comment

Modern glass? My truck's 14 years old

I'd give it a go. Gotta be better than buying a new screen!

From the website...

"For removing scratches/wiper blade marks etc from classic and modern car wind screens. "
          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

if anyone needs a window let me know as i have some going here from the breakers
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

I tend to use stuff called "Peek" metal polish liquid. It's amazingly fine, and you'll want an electric buffer or you'll be there forever.

I've done jewelry and regular glass with it, and it comes to a really good optical polish.

http://www.peekpolish.com/
              http://www.thepolishingshop.co.uk/

P.S. it comes in a cream too, but I prefer the liquid for glass.

Comment

my scratches arnt fine like wiper blade scratches - they are big like sand grains...
                Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
                  my scratches arnt fine like wiper blade scratches - they are big like sand grains...
                  I've taken out big gouges caused by knife blades with Peek. Takes a long time though.
                  If you want to do a right proper job, you'll need a medium-fine compound to smooth, a fine compound to clean then an ultra-fine to polish.

Or take it to a pro and fork over loads of dough.

Comment

I guess "Modern" could mean anything lol... I thought pretty much anything after the 80s had some degree of tint, various finishes etc.. I know my 20 year old supra does!
                    More Lift.
                    More Tyres.
                    More Engine.

Comment

The original T-cut works too!

Comment

years ago when i was little, i managed to lock me nans keys in the car, and someone tried helping us by trying to break the quarter window in the back but instead it just cracked...
                        we went to toyota showroom where the car was bought and they got some liquid, put it on a cloth and rubbed it over the cracks and they went..

what was this?
                        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
                          years ago when i was little, i managed to lock me nans keys in the car, and someone tried helping us by trying to break the quarter window in the back but instead it just cracked...
                          we went to toyota showroom where the car was bought and they got some liquid, put it on a cloth and rubbed it over the cracks and they went..

what was this?
                          Vodka!! drink some and the crack will disapear!!

Comment

another joke i dont get! lol
                            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
                            X