Drumclog Damage Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drumclog Damage Report

Mine was my new paintwork scratched to hell. All 4 CV boots split, Bash plate looks nothing like the original shape, lump of tread missing off my tyre.

So not too bad really.
    Without Surf And Unhappy

and this is a good day?

do you think the amount if suspension lift contributes to the damage to the CV boots or would that have happened anyway?
    Toot! Toot!

Comment

i was the same carl, when i had the surf it ate cv boots.

think you need ball joint spacers and wind the torsion bars down. that should level out the props.

cheers scotty

Comment

But the props join the diff to the hubs. The relationship is still the same however you get your lift (unless you drop the diff), though BJ spacers deffo make for a better ride and more flex than just winding the torsion bars to breaking point. The way to reduce wear on CV boots is by fitting manual hubs and only locking them when offroad.
        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Broke my ariel. Think thats it. Oh and my winch cable has 2 threads broken where it chaffed on the side of drum. Does anyone know if i can cut the cable back( will only loose about 10ft) and put hook back on?? Is there a kit for doing this???
          Dare say it'll be scratched but its still covered in mud

What a difference with the bj spacers on. As mentioned by Apache mose flex and smoother over rough terrain
          www.scottishmudclub.com for scottish events

Comment

I need to screw in a Tap Tight too the plastic inner wheel arch cover.
            And eh well that's it really. What a machine, it took some abuse Saturday and laughed at it. It also rescued a few landys
            The cry for the day was "Buy a Surf Mate"

O and all four cv boots are fine, I love my shiney manual hubs.
            Last edited by yoshie; 16 March 2008, 14:36.
            Brian

Comment

Just looked out window,roof lights have taken a beating
              www.scottishmudclub.com for scottish events

Comment

mud

looks like you lads had a good day, im not brave enough it all looked
                a bit scary, any way me mum wont let me,

Comment

Working...
                X