stall-test ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All ok?

Surely if you're overcoming the brakes whilst doing this test - you've got plenty of drive, more than enough required to operate normally(?)

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by robnw67
      Surely if you're overcoming the brakes whilst doing this test - you've got plenty of drive, more than enough required to operate normally(?)

Rob
      i've been told if an auto-box is working properly , with your left foot hard on the brakes ,box in drive , apply throttle , rev's should climb to somewhere around 1800-2000 no more ! i've personally no idea , but i'll wait until i get corrected ?

Comment

Originally posted by gemini
        The truest definition of stall speed can only reliably be determined in conjunction with a Transbrake. Wheel brake stall is determined by locking wheel brakes and running the engine against the locked brakes. the engine will usually overpower the brakes and wheel rotation will begin before the true stall speed is encountered
        Yeah, I've never managed to stall a motor with the brakes on, it'll bog down a little, then the brakes give up, or the AT temp light comes on

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
        X