Turbo wastegate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbo wastegate

I know Surfs are bound to have them, so where does the wastegate output appear.... just out of boredom a few brave souls are attaching Duck calls to various wastegate outputs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbNxu...eature=related

Back in the day Baby

BWAAAHAAHAAAHHAAAHHAA

Gotta get me one of them.
    Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Could always attach an airhorn compressor to a duck horn

Imagine tooting to a mate in a bus queue - cue a line of folk curled up laughing their heads off
      Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

dont let joker see it or he will def want one lol

Comment

i dont know where they are but i would be interested to know. mine goes Tiiissssssshhh for some unknown reason
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

so wud i,lol,id love a dump valve on mine just for comedy value!

Comment

In the videos they're attached to a blow off (dump) valve which releases pressurized air, a Surf has a waste gate which releases hot exhaust gasses that would destroy a duck caller.

Funny clips though.

Comment

Originally posted by Dodge View Post
                In the videos they're attached to a blow off (dump) valve which releases pressurized air, a Surf has a waste gate which releases hot exhaust gasses that would destroy a duck caller.

Funny clips though.
                So, where is this "wastegate" and can it be modded?
                Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
                  so wud i,lol,id love a dump valve on mine just for comedy value!
                  Pointless on an auto.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                    Pointless on an auto.
                    they generally are tho lol,but still miss the sound from skyline/scooby

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
                      they generally are tho lol,but still miss the sound from skyline/scooby
                      dump valves are useless on all cars. they give no performance gains what so ever. what you need is a re-circulating valve that re-circulates the waste air back through the turbo to keep it spooled. that way you have immediate power after gear change. but this talk is poinless on here! lol

anyway, if you want a dump valve, just do what i did. put a cone filter directly onto the turbo inlet, secure it then drive down the road. as soon as you lift off the throttle it dumps air somewhere.
                      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by plumb bob View Post
                        So, where is this "wastegate" and can it be modded?
                        It's on the turbo itself, you can space it out for more boost, see . . . Here.

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
                          dump valves are useless on all cars. they give no performance gains what so ever. what you need is a re-circulating valve that re-circulates the waste air back through the turbo to keep it spooled. that way you have immediate power after gear change. but this talk is poinless on here! lol

anyway, if you want a dump valve, just do what i did. put a cone filter directly onto the turbo inlet, secure it then drive down the road. as soon as you lift off the throttle it dumps air somewhere.
                          When you lift off when changing gear, the turbo slows down as there is nowhere for the air on the pressurized side to go, a dump valve allows this pressurized air to be released and therefor allowing the turbo to keep spinning, which means when you step on the gas again you don't have a delay (lag) before the turbo is up to speed again.

So technically a dump valve won't give you more power, but will give better performance.

Not a great advantage on a low revving diesel, but very noticeable on a performance petrol engine.

Removing the standard air filter might make a nice noise if you like that sort of thing, but it will increase the chance of FOD to the engine and is more likely to suck in water if you hit a flood or large puddle.

Comment

Originally posted by Dodge View Post
                            When you lift off when changing gear, the turbo slows down as there is nowhere for the air on the pressurized side to go, a dump valve allows this pressurized air to be released and therefor allowing the turbo to keep spinning, which means when you step on the gas again you don't have a delay (lag) before the turbo is up to speed again.

So technically a dump valve won't give you more power, but will give better performance.

Not a great advantage on a low revving diesel, but very noticeable on a performance petrol engine.

Removing the standard air filter might make a nice noise if you like that sort of thing, but it will increase the chance of FOD to the engine and is more likely to suck in water if you hit a flood or large puddle.

im sorry but audiable dump valves do not give any performance gain what soever. whether it be torque or hp it gives nothing but a noise.
                            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
                              im sorry but audiable dump valves do not give any performance gain what soever. whether it be torque or hp it gives nothing but a noise.
                              i think you might be wrong there,standard dump valves as fitted to say cosworth,rs, dump the hot air back into the air flow this is because of emission laws, non standard ones dump the excess air pressure into the atmosphere,this is to allow the air entering the engine to be a cold as possible,same thing with engine breathers.
                              JAP4X4PART ¬ THE BIGGEST SURF BREAKER IN THE UK ¬

Comment

Working...
                              X