Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @Jotto

Hi Jon,

Gearbox arrived this morning cheers. What's the best oil to use and (sorry to be a bit dim) what shall I flush it with.
    How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

sorry to hijack a thread but did you get the spots via Colin,
    ps hows you and co?
    Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Originally posted by mud skipper View Post
      sorry to hijack a thread but did you get the spots via Colin,
      ps hows you and co?
      No real thread to Hijack until Jotto comes along (or anyone in the know about manuals)
      Yeah tried to ring you - sent you a PM. Not got round to puttin them on as been busy getting ready for the chickens.

I'm blO0dy exhausted aint stopped since holiday - Cols hopin to leave the department to be an FLT Not sure why????? I aint that bad surely

Hoping to get back out soon when gearbox is fitted, Hows you and Sally?

Comment

Originally posted by Bibs View Post
        Hi Jon,

Gearbox arrived this morning cheers. What's the best oil to use and (sorry to be a bit dim) what shall I flush it with.
        The oil you need is GL4 or 5 SAE 75W-90 gear oil, in the gearbox and the transfer box as I drained both.

I would fill the gearbox and transfer box with the above oil and run the truck for about 20 miles then drain and refill. That should be enough.
        I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

just fine over hear, the spots are the same as the ones you already have arent they?
          surfs still suffering from last outing( spare tyre is wrecked and arches need filling and spraying, Sall's still not happy with me) but wont let me buy another 4x4 so will have to wreck this one
          Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Run gearbox through with 50/50 parafin and engine oil (cheapest you can buy ) until gearbox hot . Then drain and fill with grade Jon specified.
            My opinion and not stated by Toyota.
            Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Jon,

I'am coming up tomorrow jon, need any supplies from the big city
              www.cnpbetterhomes.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by jotto View Post
                The oil you need is GL4 or 5 SAE 75W-90 gear oil, in the gearbox and the transfer box as I drained both.

I would fill the gearbox and transfer box with the above oil and run the truck for about 20 miles then drain and refill. That should be enough.

Cheers mate - Booked in for Tuesday so fingers crossed. D2thumbsup

Comment

Originally posted by mud skipper View Post
                  just fine over hear, the spots are the same as the ones you already have arent they?
                  surfs still suffering from last outing( spare tyre is wrecked and arches need filling and spraying, Sall's still not happy with me) but wont let me buy another 4x4 so will have to wreck this one
                  Similar yeah - bit bigger

Oh an it looked so pretty........ha ha ha I dont have that issue as wasn't the prettiest to start with - bought it in mind of a work horse - just seem to be pullin all the bits I bought it for off.......new boots an wheels are next

Comment

Working...
                  X