Seat belts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seat belts

Just got a couple of seat belts for the back of the surf. They are to replace the lap belts. Now being out in the cold last night has dulled my brain and I cannot see how they fit....

The reel of belt I cannot find a location in the Boot that will match ?

The "hanger" I think goes at the top by the rear side window and replaces the plastic hook thing

The other bits I guess replace in to where the lap belt goes

? where does the reel fit and are the other bits right...oh plus they are handed but I cannot See any markings to show which is which!

Any help appreciated

Mark

the reel bit goes behind the rear panel near the wheel arch
    JAP4X4PART ¬ THE BIGGEST SURF BREAKER IN THE UK ¬

Comment

Originally posted by lord lucan View Post
      the reel bit goes behind the rear panel near the wheel arch
      AH ha ... I take it I need to remove the rear panle?

Thanks

Mark

Comment

R is drivers side Mark and L passenger side.There may be a small plastic panel you can take off to put the reel part thru i'm not sure tho instead of taking the complete side panel off.The side panels come off easy enough tho as long as your gentle so not to break the clips.
        The lock part of the belts go under the seat where tha lap belts bolt to and the end of the main belt bolts to the end of the wheel arch under the seat next to the door and like you said the other part bolts up at the head lining just above the back of the rear seats
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
          R is drivers side Mark and L passenger side.There may be a small plastic panel you can take off to put the reel part thru i'm not sure tho instead of taking the complete side panel off.The side panels come off easy enough tho as long as your gentle so not to break the clips.
          The lock part of the belts go under the seat where tha lap belts bolt to and the end of the main belt bolts to the end of the wheel arch under the seat next to the door and like you said the other part bolts up at the head lining just above the back of the rear seats
          Thanks Richard

Comment

I managed to get mine fitted in about 2 hours that includes cleaning the back out too. they are pretty easy to fit, you should have two removable covers for the reels. i think you will have to take the rear pannels out as you have to bolt them in. the hook is where you put runner bit, if you put them in you will be able to work out which way round they go cos they will only work one way. good luck.
            it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

Originally posted by drunkmonkeyboy View Post
              I managed to get mine fitted in about 2 hours that includes cleaning the back out too. they are pretty easy to fit, you should have two removable covers for the reels. i think you will have to take the rear pannels out as you have to bolt them in. the hook is where you put runner bit, if you put them in you will be able to work out which way round they go cos they will only work one way. good luck.
              Thank bud, I have now fitted one but the only thing I was trying to work out was where it comes out of the side panle from the reel up to the top how do you recover the bit that comes out of the square that so it looks tidy

The pop out square bit does not appear to go back to cover the belt or do I have cut out a slot in the top of it??

Thanks
              Mark

Comment

thats what i did it looks good only had to trim out about 5 mm clipped straight back in and has not come out since. feel much better knowing the kids are safer in the back now.
                it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

Originally posted by drunkmonkeyboy View Post
                  thats what i did it looks good only had to trim out about 5 mm clipped straight back in and has not come out since. feel much better knowing the kids are safer in the back now.
                  Thanks mate, that's what I will do and why I'm fitting the belts never did feel happy with them with a lap belt.

Cheers
                  Mark

Comment

Thanks chaps

Two belt fitted and looking good

Cheers
                    Mark

Comment

Working...
                    X